SmartRecruiters' Email Templates can be used by your hiring teams to quickly respond to candidates, extend offers, and send rejections, and invite them for interviews.
Admins can create email templates for the hiring team to use when messaging candidates. The templates are branded with your company's name (or brand name, if you have multiple brands).
There a four types of templates, and each is accessible from a specific tab on the candidate's profile, according to the template's purpose:
- Generic templates are available on the Messages tab.
- Offer templates are available on the Offer tab.
- Interview templates are available on the Interview tab.
- Rejection templates are available on the Interview tab.
Templates inherit the permissions of their tabs, so only the users who can access a specific tab can use the templates for that tab, and see candidate responses to the template. For example, only users who can extend an offer from the Offer tab can send Offer templates, and see the candidates' responses (and attachments in responses.)
- Assign Email Templates to specific jobs
- Designate and restrict email templates to particular jobs and hiring teams.
- Customize email templates
- Create custom email templates for interview invitations, rejections, offers, and general communication with candidates. Hiring team members can select these templates from the candidate's profile.
- Email Template Types
- Learn about the purposes of different type of email templates.
Can I add my logo to an email template?
Right now, the email template editor only supports rich-text formatting, hypertext links, colors, and merge fields. Images aren't supported.
Can I set up email templates for different languages?
Email templates cannot be set up based solely on the language of a job ad. However, you can set up email templates for a specific region, country, or other Org field which might dictate the job's language, and write the template in the appropriate language.
Can I set up multiple email templates for the same job?
When a member of the hiring team goes to choose a template, they’ll be able to select from all templates that match the job.
I can't find my email template. Where is it?
If you can't find a template on a candidate's profile:
- Check that you assigned the right type to the template. There are four types of email templates, and each shows up in a different tab. If you've assigned the wrong type, it won't show up where you expect it to.
- If you've assigned the template using Org Fields, make sure that the job and template have matching Org Field values. If even one value doesn't match, the template won't be available for that job.