SmartCRM's Lead Capture Forms are an easy, configurable way for companies to help prospects to create a profile and opt into a community. When a prospect submits their information in a lead capture form, their profile is created and added to the specified community with status “Interested”.
Sourcers can create and embed a Lead Capture Form on any external web page, and connect it to a community. Prospects can then opt-in to the particular community by filling out the Form.
Sourcers can create new Lead Capture forms from the Forms tab of a community.
- First, give the form a name, and choose the logo and color/text of the main call to action button. The name of the form will appear in its URL.
- Next, set the language of the form, and add the publicly visible header and description. The description should help Prospects decide whether they want to join the community. Language setting is used to localize the non-configurable text, such as field names, and the language of the confirmation email that the prospect will receive.
- Drag to rearrange the field order. First name, Last name, and Email fields cannot be removed, but they can be reordered.Additional fields, which are optional and can set as required, include:
- Phone number
- Links to social profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Choose the source for the form. Prospects who opt-in through this form will be added to the community with this source.
Active forms are listed in the Forms list on the community page, with a shareable URL of that form.
Click Share for sharing & embedding options.
Forms cannot be edited or deleted from this list.
Sharing & Embedding
Once the form is configured, there are multiple ways to share it.
- Click Copy URL to copy a link to the form.
- Click Embed to get code for a HTML iFrame snippet that can be added to any web page.
The view of the Lead Capture form is dependent on the type and number of specific fields added during configuration, but here's a simple example:
After registration, the prospect will receive a confirmation email that is localized in the language selected for the form.
Consent collected through a Lead Capture Form is displayed on the prospect's profile in SmartCRM in the same way as consent for job applications. Consent is applied globally, on a company-by-company basis, and will be reflected in all communities or job applications submitted by a candidate to a particular company.