The ability to create a community is restricted to CRM seatholders who are also Admin, Extended or Standard users only.
Creating a community
Each community has:
- A title visible to external parties
- An internal description, visible to the sourcing team
- Org field assignments for assigning branding, language settings, etc.
Only Job/Org fields that have been enabled to appear on communities can be selected when creating or editing a community. Admins can configure these fields in Settings / Admin. The Country field will always appear on each community. The choice of Country for each community will select the appropriate Data Retention policy (if one exists for that country). If no matching configuration exists, the default policy will apply.
- A sourcing team made of sourcers (full access to create and manage communities) and participants (limited access to view communities)
Users without a CRM seat cannot be added to a community with a Sourcer role. They can only be added as Participants by Sourcers.
All communities have a status: open or closed. New communities begin in Open status.
When a community is created its status is set to Open and it only closes when a community organizer chooses to Close the community (in the Community Settings).
Once the community is created, sourcing teams can focus on:
- Getting prospects into the community by adding them manually or via searches
- Creating email campaigns to nurture prospects
- Creating lead capture forms to help prospects submit their interest
Closing a community
When a community is closed, campaigns within this community will stop running.