The ability to create a community is restricted to CRM seatholders who are also Admin, Extended or Standard users only.
Creating a community
Each community has:
- A title visible to external parties
- An internal description, visible to the sourcing team
- Org field configuration
Only Job/Org fields that have been enabled to appear on communities can be selected when creating or editing a community. Admins can configure these fields in Settings / Admin. The Country field will always appear on each community. The choice of Country for each community will select the appropriate Data Retention policy (if one exists for that country). If no matching configuration exists, the default policy will apply.
- A sourcing team made of sourcers (full access to create and manage communities) and participants (limited access to view communities)
Users without a CRM seat cannot be added to a community with a Sourcer role. They can only be added as Participants by Sourcers.
All communities have a status: open or closed. New communities begin in Open status.
When a community is created its status is set to Open and it only closes when a community organizer chooses to Close the community (in the Community Settings).
Once the community is created, sourcing teams can focus on:
- Getting prospects into the community by adding them manually or via searches
- Creating email campaigns to nurture prospects
- Creating lead capture forms to help prospects submit their interest
Closing a community
When a community is closed, the sourcing team will no longer be able to perform the following actions:
- Add new prospects in the community or update the community application status of existing prospects.
- Publish new lead capture forms or re-activate existing forms of this community. All existing forms are deactivated automatically.
- Schedule or launch new campaigns and, replicate or edit existing campaigns.
- Create new connected searches or re-run existing connected searches.
After reopening the community, all actions will be available again, but no campaign or form will be activated automatically.