- To begin, click Create Campaign on the Campaigns tab of a community.
- On the Content page of the wizard, add the Campaign Name. The name is used internally, on the Campaigns list to help identify the particular campaign.
- Choose the Send Campaign as, Reply to and Campaign Language for the campaign.
- "Send campaign as" is the name (not email address) the email will look like it came from. Use something like “Jane Doe - Head of Talent Acquisition” or “John Smith - CEO”. This will help with Open rates.
- "Reply to" is the person who will receive the replies from the recipients. Any user with a CRM license assigned to their account can be added as a replier.
- "Campaign language" allows campaign creators to localize the campaign's footer and unsubscribe page.
- Add a subject line.
- Finally, select the type of campaign you want to create from Simple or Branded and you will automatically be taken to the next step - Campaign Templates Editor.
Both options are using the same campaign template editor. The difference is that a Branded layout gives more styling and formatting capabilities, while Simple layout is for campaigns that you want to keep things simple and personal.
Campaign template editor
In the campaign template editor, you can combine blocks in the campaign's body to build your message.
Adding a content block
To add a new content block, simply drag and drop one in the campaign's preview. In a Simple layout, you can add Text, Image and Divider content blocks. Where for Branded layouts, you have an additional option to add a Divider.
The second difference is that for Branded campaigns, you can also combine two content blocks in the same row, while in Simple campaigns you can only arrange them vertically.
Editing a content block
By clicking on a content block in the campaign preview, you can open an editor where you can make changes, like updating the text, selecting an image or configure a button.
When you click on the content block, you will notice that a light-blue banner appears on top of it. You can use the drag button on the left of the banner to rearrange the block and the delete button on the right to remove the block.
Save the campaign's content
Once you complete the campaign's content, you can click on the "SAVE" button on the top of the editor. This action will take you back to the campaign wizard in order to proceed with the next steps. You can always come back and make changes in the content of a campaign.
You can define the audience of a campaign with the use of filters. The available filters are community segments, prospect's location, prospect's proximity to a location or answers to community screening questions.
You can select multiple values under the audience filters, except for the proximity filter. Prospects matching any of the selected values will be included in the campaign audience. For example, if "Berlin" and "London" are both selected under the location filter, prospects with location matching either city will be included in the campaign.
You can also use multiple filters together. Prospects need to match values in each of the filters to be included in the campaign. For example, if the value "Berlin" is selected in the location filter, and the status "Interested" is selected in the community application status filter, all prospects in Berlin who have "Interested" status will be included. A prospect in "Berlin" with a different community application status won't be included.
There is one exception when location and proximity filters are used together. Prospects matching any of the selected values for these two filters will be included. For example, if you select the location "Los Angeles" and proximity "50 miles around San Francisco." Prospects that match either one of these selections will be included in the campaign audience.
If you don't specify any filters in the campaign audience, then all prospects in the community will receive the campaign. After creating and launching the campaign, the campaign audience will be visible in the campaign dashboard.
In the last step of the campaign wizard you can schedule when and how the campaign will be sent by using these three options:
- Start Campaign: Choose Immediately to send as soon as you've completed setup, or Schedule for later and choose a date/time. Times of the day include the current time (as of creation) or blocks of 3 hours: morning (0900 - 1200), afternoon (1200 - 1500), evening (1500 - 1800).
- End Campaign: Choose No end date and keep the campaign running until you manually end it or Select end date to run it until a specific date and then automatically end.
- Send Delay: Set this option to delay sending the campaign to a prospect based on the date the prospect was added to the community. If the campaign ends (manually or automatically) prior to the delay period for a particular prospect, they won't receive the campaign.
Campaign Start times are based on the time zone of the sender.
Launching the campaign
Once you complete all the steps in the campaign wizard, you can click on Send Campaign, and then Send again on the confirmation modal, in order to successfully launch the campaign. Additionally, you can click Send Test to receive an example of the campaign in your inbox.