SmartCRM automated email campaigns provide a generic, scaleable solution for contacting and engaging many prospects at once.
Create a Campaign
Campaigns can be created only for active communities.
- To begin, click Create Campaign on the Campaigns tab of a community.
- On the Content page of the wizard, add the Campaign Name. The name is used internally, on the Campaigns list, to help identify the particular campaign.
- Choose the Send Campaign as, Reply to and Campaign Language for the campaign.
- Send Campaign As is the name (not email address) the email will look like it came from. Use something like “Jane Doe - Head of Talent Acquisition” or “John Smith - CEO”. This will help with Open rates.
- Reply To is the person who will receive the replies from the recipients. This can be any sourcer or participant in SmartCRM.
- Campaign Language allows campaign creators will be able to choose their preferred language for the email footer and unsubscribe page to match the language used in their campaign email. This will be required to create a campaign.
- Enter the campaign email content.
Subject: According to industry statistics, 4-word subjects have the most engagement but 7-word subjects are the most popular.
Body: Leverage your company & brand tone, but keep in mind that emails with 50-200 words have a high open-rate. We recommend that all of your Campaign Emails have a Call-to-Action Button. There's an option in the editor to add this button.
- Select your Campaign Audience:
Sourcers can select multiple values under the audience filters, except for the proximity filter. Prospects matching any of the selected values will be included in the campaign audience. For example, if "Berlin" and "London" are both selected under the location filter, prospects with location matching either city will be included in the campaign.
Sourcers can also use multiple filters together. Prospects need to match values in each of the filters to be included in the campaign. For example, if the value "Berlin" is selected in the location filter, and the status "Interested" is selected in the community application status filter, all prospects in Berlin who have "Interested" status will be included. A prospect in "Berlin" with a different community application status won't be included.
There is one exception when location and proximity filters are used together. Prospects matching any of the selected values for these two filters will be include. For example, user selects location "Los Angeles" and proximity "50 miles around San Francisco." Prospects that match either one of these selections will be included in the campaign audience.
After creating and launching the campaign, the campaign audience will be visible in the campaign dashboard.
Set the start and end dates, and delay period.
Start Campaign: Chose Immediately to send as soon as you've completed setup, or Schedule for later and choose a date/time. Times of day include the current time (as of creation) or blocks of 3 hours: morning (0900 - 1200), afternoon (1200 - 1500), evening (1500 - 1800).
End Campaign: Chose No end date and keep the campaign running until you manually end it or Select end date to run it until a specific date and then automatically end.
Send Delay: Set this option to delay sending the campaign to a prospect based on the date the prospect was added to the community. If the campaign is ended (manually or automatically) prior to the delay period's end for a particular prospect, they won't receive the campaign.
Click Send Test to receive an example of the campaign. SmartCRM will send the test email to the email address of the campaign's creator (the one using the editor).
When satisfied, click Send Campaign, and then Send to confirm.
When launched, a campaign is sent to all prospects in a community.
The Campaigns list includes all active and inactive campaigns.
The status of each campaign depends on its settings and the current date:
- Scheduled campaigns have not yet begun. Their start date is in the future.
- Draft campaigns have not been completed. They're waiting for the user to finish and send.
- Launched campaigns are active and sending the email to prospects.
- Ended campaigns have completed their duration, and are no longer sending to prospects.
- Canceled campaigns were previously launched campaigns that were stopped manually.
Click the overflow menu icon to the right of each campaign for management actions. Available actions depend on the current status of the campaign.
- Edit: make changes to an existing campaign. Only available for Draft, Scheduled and Launched campaigns.
- Cancel: move the campaign to Draft status. Only available for Scheduled campaigns.
- Stop: Manually end the campaign and move it to Canceled status. Only available for Launched campaigns.
- Replicate: copy the content (not scheduling) of an existing campaign to a new Draft one. Available for Draft, Scheduled and Launched campaigns.
Campaign recipients have the option to unsubscribe from any campaign. In the footer of every campaign email there is an unsubscribe link:
Recipients then have the ability to unsubscribe from all campaigns from the company, or continue to receive them.