SmartCRM automated email campaigns provide a generic, scaleable solution for contacting and engaging many prospects at once.
Create a Campaign
Campaigns can be created only for active communities.
- To begin, click Create Campaign on the Campaigns tab of a community.
- On the Content page of the wizard, add the Campaign Name. The name is used internally, on the Campaigns list, to help identify the particular campaign.
- Choose the Send Campaign as and Reply to names for the campaign.
- Send Campaign As is the name (not email address) the email will look like it came from. Use something like “Jane Doe - Head of Talent Acquisition” or “John Smith - CEO”. This will help with Open rates.
- Reply To is the person who will receive the replies from the recipients. This can be any sourcer or participant in SmartCRM.
- Enter the campaign email content.
Subject: According to industry statistics, 4 word subjects have the most engagement but 7 word subjects are the most popular.
Body: Leverage your company & brand tone, but keep in mind that emails with 50-200 words have a high open rate. We recommend that all of your Campaign Emails have a Call-to-Action Button. Theres an option in the editor to add this button.
Set the start and end dates, and delay period.
Start Campaign: Chose Immediately to send as soon as you've completed setup, or Schedule for later and choose a date/time. Times of day include the current time (as of creation) or blocks of 3 hours: morning (0900 - 1200), afternoon (1200 - 1500), evening (1500 - 1800).
End Campaign: Chose No end date and keep the campaign running until you manually end it or Select end date to run it until a specific date and then automatically end.
Send Delay: Set this option to delay sending the campaign to a prospect based on the date the prospect was added to the community. If the campaign is ended (manually or automatically) prior to the delay period's end for a particular prospect, they won't receive the campaign.
Click Send Test to receive an example of the campaign. SmartCRM will send the test email to the email address of the campaign's creator (the one using the editor).
When satisfied, click Send Campaign, and then Send to confirm.
When launched, a campaign is sent to all prospects in a community.
The Campaigns list includes all active and inactive campaigns.
The status of each campaign depends up on its settings and the current date:
- Scheduled campaigns have not yet begun. Their start date is in the future.
- Draft campaigns have not been completed. They're waiting for the user to finish and send.
- Launched campaigns are active and sending the email to prospects.
- Ended campaigns have completed their duration, and are not longer sending to prospects.
- Archived campaigns have ended and been removed from the main list of campaigns.
Click the overflow menu icon to the right of each campaign for management actions. Available actions depend on the current status of the campaign.
- Edit: make changes to an existing campaign. Only available for Draft, Scheduled, and Launched campaigns.
- Cancel: move campaign to Draft status. Only available for Scheduled campaigns.
- Archive: move campaign to Archived status. Only available for Draft and Ended campaigns.
- Delete: Deletes the campaign entirely. Only available for Archived campaigns.
- Restore returns a campaign to its previous status; an "undo" action. For example, if a campaign was Ended, then Archived, clicking Restore will move it back to Ended status. Only available for Archived campaigns.
- End: Manually end the campaign and move it to Ended status. Only available for Launched campaigns.
- Replicate: copy the content (not scheduling) of an existing campaign to a new Draft one. Available for campaigns in any status.
- View: view the current configuration for the campaign. Available for any campaign not in Draft status.
Campaign recipients have the option to unsubscribe from any campaign. In the footer of every campaign email there is an unsubscribe link:
Recipients then have the ability to unsubscribe from all campaigns from the company, or continue to receive them.