- Add people to hiring team
- Teammates can be added to the a job's hiring team when the job is created, or afterwards on the Hiring Process tab of the job's profile.
- Add positions to job
- Add headcount to a job and hire more than one candidate.
- Changing job status
- Learn how to update a job's status, or cancel it.
- Delete a job
- Delete a job from your company's list of jobs.
- Edit job ad
- Learn how to edit the text of a job's default and additional ads.
- Jobs list
- The Jobs list contains a list of all the jobs you have permission to view, with a summary of important details.
- Job profile
- The Job profile contains all of a job's details and candidates, and is the central place for managing and editing a specific job.
- Job statuses
- Learn about the evolution of a job's status in the hiring process.
- Unpublish a job
- Take down a job from job boards and other places where it was posted.
Can I edit a posted job ad?
You can edit a job ad in SmartRecruiters at any time. However, once you’ve posted a job ad to a board, SmartRecruiters will not automatically update the ad on the board if you make edits in SmartRecruiters. You'll need to repost the ad.
- For jobs posted to the free job aggregators, you can simply republish the ad.
- Paid boards will most likely charge you again for reposting an edited ad. You can either purchase a new post in SmartRecruiters, or contact the board(s) to ask them to update the posted ad.
Always double-check your job ads for accuracy and grammar before purchasing posts on paid boards.
How is the Days Open count calculated?
Days Open is calculated using the open dates of positions on the job, not the job itself, and is defined as:
the difference between the most recent hire date (or today's date, if no hires yet) and the earliest open date for positions on the job
Assume a job was posted on Feb 1st, 2017. This job has two open positions:
- Position 1 has an open date of Feb 6th, 2017.
- Position 2 has an open date of Feb 13th, 2017.
As of March 7th, 2017, no one has been hired for either position. Position 1 has the earliest open date, so:
Today's date - earliest position open date = Days open
Mar 7th - Feb 6th = 29 Days open
What happens when I delete a job with candidates?
When you delete a job that candidates have applied to, SmartRecruiters simply keeps those candidates' applications, and retains all information in the applications, including their sources. You can still search and filter them as normal, and report on their application source in Sourcing Analytics.
Will SmartRecruiters automatically update posted jobs ads?
SmartRecruiters will not automatically update ads that are already posted to job boards. If you edit a job ad, you'll need to republish the ad.