If your company has Parallel Processing enabled, see these instructions for managing parallel applications. Look for the Screening tab on the candidate profile - if you can see this tab, you have Parallel Processing activated.
When a candidate applies to multiple jobs, SmartRecruiters manages each application separately. Each candidate can have one active application — which is displayed on their profile — and multiple inactive applications.
With some exceptions, all actions that the hiring team can take apply only to the active application. In other words, candidates can only be moved through the hiring process on one job at a time. To switch active applications, reassign the candidate.
The candidate's profile always contains information for their active application. If you try to access one of the candidate's other, inactive applications (e.g., from the People tab on another job), SmartRecruiters will simply redirect you to their active application.
The actual information displayed on the candidate's profile for depends their active application, and your level of access to each job that the candidate has applied to. Each of the following section describes the visibility of application-specific information on the candidate's profile when they have multiple applications.
SmartRecruiters combines all inactive applications together into the Also Linked to list. Here, you'll be able see all of a candidate's current or previous applications on other jobs (including Private jobs), even if you don't have access to those jobs.
Each job is listed with four details:
- Job title: If you have access to a job, its title is bolded. Click the name to view the job's details.
- Job location: the location of the job.
- Linked date: the date that the candidate applied to that job, or was added to that job by another means.
- Status: the status of the candidate's application to that job, which can Lead (recently added or applied to the job), Transferred (reassigned from that job), or Rejected (from that job).
If the status for an inactive application in this list is Lead:
- Click Reassign to make that application active, and deactivate the candidate's current (active) application. SmartRecruiters will add the Transferred status to the previous application.
- Click Pass to reject that application. SmartRecruiters will add the Rejected status to that application. Passing on another inactive application does not affect the current active application.
Candidate ratings, reviews and scorecards are associated with each individual application. Individual and average ratings on a candidate's application to one job do not affect applications to other jobs.
- The rating on the main People page will always reflect the candidate's active application.
- Rating a candidate on the Review tab of their profile updates their active application, but does not affect their inactive applications.
- Rating a candidate on an inactive application (e.g., by leaving a rating in the People list of another job) updates that application, but does not affect their active or other inactive application(s).
- If the candidate has not yet been rated for any of their applications, leaving a rating on any applications will move the candidate to the In Review stage.
- If Independent Reviews is activated for hiring managers and/or interviewers, leaving a review on on application does not unlock reviews on other applications.
Resumes and attachments
In most cases, all attachments for each of the candidate's applications are visible on their profile to anyone with access to the candidate. If the candidate uploaded the same resume for one or more applications, SmartRecruiters will not merge them. For example, if the candidate applies to four jobs with the same resume, SmartRecruiters will attach four copies.
The attachment marked Resume is the one uploaded with the active application. When the candidate's active application is changed to another application, SmartRecruiters will switch this label to the attachment uploaded with the new active application.
The exception to this rule is any offer-related attachments, e.g., those that the candidate attaches in their reply to an offer. These are only visible in the Attachments section to users who can see the Offer tab and extend offers to the candidate.
Assessments are associated with applications. You can send assessments only for active applications.
If a candidate has received assessments for an application that is now inactive, the status and any results for those assessments will no longer be visible on their profile for their active application.
In the Additional Information section, you'll be able to see the screening questions on the other applications.
Click the name of a job in the the list to view the candidate's answers on their application to that job. If you don't have access to the job, you won't be able to see their answers.
Email messages from all inactive and active applications are visible on the Messages tab of the candidate's profile.
You can reject candidates from their active or inactive applications.
To reject someone from their active application, used the Reject tab.
- If the candidate has one other inactive application, SmartRecruiters will automatically reassign them to that inactive application's job and make that application active.
- If the candidate has more than one other application, SmartRecruiters will not automatically reassign them. You'll need to manually reassign them.
To reject someone from an inactive application, click Pass in the Also linked to list on their profile.You can also reject a candidate's active application using the Actions menu on the People list.
Be careful! Rejecting someone from People tab of a specific job will still reject them from the active application. If you want to reject someone from an inactive application, always Pass on that inactive application.
You can only schedule interviews for a candidate's active application. Like most information on the candidate's profile, interviews scheduled for all applications are visible on any application, as long as you have the ability to access the Interview tab for the job associated with the candidate's active application. Thus, if the candidate is reassigned to another job, you'll see the record of an interview for the previous job.
Open notes added to one application are visible on all applications. If you have access to one of the jobs that the candidate applied to, you will see all Open notes left on all applications, even if you don't have access some of the other jobs.
Offers can be extended to a candidate for only their active application. When someone sends an offer to a candidate with multiple applications, the job associated with the active application moves to Offer stage. Jobs associated with the candidate's inactive applications do not change stage.
Like notes and general emails sent from the Message tab to the candidate, emails sent from the Offer tab for an application to one job are visible on all of a candidate's applications to other jobs. However, unlike notes and general emails, these offer emails are visible on the other applications only if you have access to the Offer tab for the other jobs associated with those applications.
You and your hiring team can only take action on a candidate's active application. This means that you cannot interview a candidate or move them through the hiring process simultaneously on two different jobs.
In order to add reviews or scorecards, send assessments, add candidate fields, schedule interviews or otherwise move the candidate through the hiring process on a job with an inactive application, you'll need to reassign the candidate to that job.
To reassign someone, you'll need access to both the job associated with their active application and the job you want to assign them to.
There are four ways to reassign the candidate:
- the Reassign links in the Also linked to section
- the Reassign link in the More list on the candidate's profile
- the Reassign link in the dropdown list on the People list
- the Reassign link in the Actions list of the People list
For the last three methods:
- Start typing the name of the job to search for it. You can only search for jobs you have access to.
- Click Reassign to finish.
You can mark a candidate as withdrawn from their active or inactive applications.
To mark someone as withdrawn from their active application:
- Click Mark as Withdrawn in the More list on their profile.
- Choose an optional Withdrawal reason (if your company has them) and confirm the withdrawal.
SmartRecruiters will not automatically reassign them to one of their inactive applications.
To mark someone as withdrawn from an inactive application:
- Go to the job associated with that application.
- Click the People tab.
- Select Mark as Withdrawn from the dropdown list.
- Confirm their withdrawal.
When you delete a candidate, you're deleting their profile and all of their applications. You can delete candidate:
- by selecting Delete from the More list on their profile
- by selecting Delete from the dropdown list on either the main People list or the People tab for a specific job.