SmartRecruiters' Candidate Comparison tool makes it easy to perform a side-by-side comparison of candidates who've applied to a job. You can compare candidates by overall ratings from the hiring team and individual ratings for each criteria and question on the scorecards completed by the team.
You can choose candidates and start comparing them on the Job page in two ways:
- On the Sourcing tab of the Job's profile, click Compare in the Top Candidates widget to compare up to three candidates with the highest overall rating.
- On the People tab:
- Select two or more candidates from the list.
- Click Actions.
- Choose Compare [x] candidates from the Action list.
The Sort By column lists available criteria, including each criteria on the job's scorecard and candidates' overall rating at the top. Choose one of these criteria to sort the candidates by that criteria and view all comments about that criteria from the hiring team.
Under each candidate are averaged ratings provided by the hiring team for each criteria on the scorecard. To view the ratings of individual team members, open the list next to the candidate's avatar in the Top column.
Comments left by the hiring team for overall ratings and scorecard criteria are displayed below the table.
When you choose a criteria for sorting, SmartRecruiters displays the comments for the candidate that scored highest on that criteria.
- To view other comments, click on the number in the table, or choose a criteria from the list.
- To view comments for another candidate, click a candidate's name next to the left/right arrows.
Click Share comparison to create a note with a direct link to the comparison report.
Remember to @mention teammates by name so that they see your note. Learn more about the various note types.
The link opens right to the comparison page.
You can also print the report or share it as a PDF (see example) by clicking Print Comparison. The printed PDF will mirror the report as displayed in SmartRecruiters, so if you'd like to include the ratings from individual team members, make sure to display them on screen first.