SmartRecruiters' Offer workflow streamlines the process of creating personalized offers, requesting approvals, and conducting final reference and background checks.
Before you begin
To create an offer on a Corporate or Global Edition, you'll need a offer template:
- If you're an administrator, set up an offer template.
- If not, contact your administrator to set one up.
Prepare the offer
- Navigate to the candidate's profile and click the Offer tab.
- Select an offer template.
- Click Preview to double-check the template and determine if you need to make edits for this particular candidate.
- If you do need to make edits,
- Click Download.
- Make edits to the offer as necessary. Then, click Upload Custom Template.
- Choose the date format on the offer.
- Save the template.
Custom templates uploaded in this manner are available only on that candidate's profile. To make it available for other candidates, add it on the Offer Templates page of Settings / Admin.
- Fill out the offer's terms and details. Your company's candidate fields for this job may differ from this example.
- Save and preview the offer, or edit it.
If your company has configured an assessment such as background or reference check for the Offer step in the job's hiring process, once you save the offer, SmartRecruiters will prompt you to send the check to the candidate.
Send for approvals
If the offer requires approval, you'll need to send it for approval before you can send it to the candidate.
- Click Save to review the approvers, and add any necessary comments.
- Then, click Send for Approval.
- Approvers will receive an email with the offers details, and can approve or decline the offer from email, the Hiring app, or within SmartRecruiters.
You can monitor the status of approvals from here on the Offer tab:
Once the offer is approved (or if your company does not require approvals), click Send via Email.
Choose an offer email template, or simply enter a new message.
The offer email editor does allow you to add merge fields. Create a template to use merge fields.
Then, send it! When the candidate responds, mark the offer accepted or declined.
Complete the hire
Once you mark the candidate as accepted, the offer will change to suit.
Click Confirm Hiring to review the New Hire form. Fields that were included in the offer are not editable.
Then, click Confirm Hiring again. You'll have the chance to mass-reject remaining candidates and unpost the job, or simply keep the job open.