SmartRecruiters' Offer workflow streamlines the process of creating personalized offers, requesting approvals, and conducting final reference and background checks.
Before you begin
As for all offers:
- You'll need to set up an offer template first.
- You have the option to create a custom offer email template.
You also have the option to insert DocuSign anchor text into the template to have DocuSign automatically add signature, data, and other fields. If your hiring process requires signatures from someone other than a candidate or executive (e.g., an HR manager), you'll need to manually add fields later.
You'll need a DocuSign user account that uses the same email address as your SmartRecruiters account in order to send an offer via DocuSign.
Prepare the offer
- Navigate to the candidate's profile and click the Offer tab.
- Select an offer template.
- Click Preview to double-check the template and determine if you need to make edits for this particular candidate.
- If you do need to make edits,
- Click Download.
- Make edits to the offer as necessary. Then, click Upload Custom Template.
- Choose the date format on the offer.
- Save the template.
Custom templates uploaded in this manner are available only on that candidate's profile. To make it available for other candidates, add it on the Offer Templates page of Settings / Admin.
- Fill out the offer's terms and details. Your company's candidate fields for this job may differ from this example.
- Save and preview the offer, or edit it.
If your company has configured an assessment such as background or reference check for the Offer step in the job's hiring process, once you save the offer, SmartRecruiters will prompt you to send the check to the candidate.
Send for approvals
If the offer requires approval, you'll need to send it for approval before you can send it to the candidate.
- Click Save to review the approvers, and add any necessary comments.
- Then, click Send for Approval.
- Approvers will receive an email with the offers details, and can approve or decline the offer from email, the Hiring app, or within SmartRecruiters.
You can monitor the status of approvals from here on the Offer tab:
Send via DocuSign
Once you've created the offer (and received approvals, if necessary), click Send with DocuSign on the Offer tab to choose recipients and signers, create the offer email, and select any additional attachments.
SmartRecruiters will automatically attach the offer letter template and send it to DocuSign's editor. Attach other files if necessary.
The order of attachments in the DocuSign envelope will mirror the order here. Drag/drop to reorder them.
For each recipient, make sure to select a role.
- Executive Signers, Candidates, or Standard Signers sign the offer in the anchor fields in the template.
- Recipients receive a copy, but do not sign the offer.
To gather signatures in sequence, check Set signing order and drag the recipients into order. Each will receive a signature request when the previous approver signs.
When DocuSign emails the offer package to the candidate, the email will include the message you add here.
Choose an offer email template, or simply enter a new message.
The offer email editor does not allow you to add merge fields. To dynamically add candidate-specific information with merge fields, create a template.
Click Next to review the offer in DocuSign's Tag and Send tool, and add fields if necessary.
Tag and Send
DocuSign's Tag and Send tool makes it easy to add signature fields and other dynamic content.
Anchor text added to the template will show up in the editor, with color coding for recipients based on the roles you chose. For example, DocuSign converts a
candidate_sig field in the template to a signature field that's coded for the candidate recipient.
If the template contains no anchor text, or if you have signers other than the candidate or executive, you'll need to select each recipient, then drag and drop fields into the offer.
When you've added all the fields, just click Send.
DocuSign will send the offer for review and signature. If you've set up a signing order, DocuSign will send the offer to each successive signer after the previous signer has reviewed and signed.
The candidate will receive an email from DocuSign that looks like this:
Other recipients will receive a similar email. When they view the DocuSign package, DocuSign will notify you by email.
If you need to make edits to an unsigned offer:
- Void the offer in DocuSign.
- In SmartRecruiters, open the Offer Details and click Edit.
You'll need to resend the offer, but you can review all past versions of the offer. If your company requires re-approval for changes to the offer, you'll need to send it for approval again before resending to the candidate.
DocuSign offers can't be voided or deleted in SmartRecruiters.
After you've sent the offer, monitor its status from the Offer tab.
If a candidate or other signer declines the offer through DocuSign, SmartRecruiters will let you know.
You can also manually mark the offer as accepted or declined on behalf of the candidate.
Confirm the hire
When all signers have signed, SmartRecruiters will automatically update the status of the offer to Accepted.
Click Confirm Hiring to review the New Hire form. Fields that were included in the offer are not editable.
Then, click Confirm Hiring again. You'll have the chance to mass-reject remaining candidates and unpost the job, or simply keep the job open.