Tags are simple words or short phrases that you attach to a candidate's profile to describe their skills, experience or other important characteristics. By adding tags, you can group candidates into talent pools with similar skills or backgrounds, or review priority (e.g., a shortlist).
To add a tag to a candidate:
- Click Add Tag in the Tags section of the candidate profile.
- Start typing the name of the tag. SmartRecruiters will automatically show you similarly named tags from the list that have already been created.
- Select an existing tag, or keep typing the new tag. You'll know if the tag is totally new when SmartRecruiters cannot find a similar tag.
- Press Enter to save the tag.
Each time you add a new tag, SmartRecruiters remembers it, and makes that tag available on all jobs.
You can apply tags to multiple candidates at the same time using the Share function on the Applicant list of a job. Since tags are applied to applications, not candidates themselves, mass tagging isn't available on the People page.
- On the People tab of a job, select two or more candidates. Alternatively, just click Select All to select every candidate in the list.
- Click the Actions button to bring up the Actions menu, and select Share (x) candidates.
- Enter the tag. Make sure to begin it with a
#and include a space after the tag name for the tag to be created. You will see the tag turn blue as shown below when the tag is validated.
- SmartRecruiters will add the tag to the application of every candidate in the note.
You cannot create tags with names that duplicate with candidate names because tagging a candidate takes priority over creating a tag.
If you see a dropdown of candidate list as you are typing the tag name, this means the word is also used in a candidate's first or last name. As a result, when you add a space after the tag name, it will not turn blue and the post will not create or add a tag to any candidates.
Applying a tag to one Application will reflect on all Applications connected to the Candidate's Profile. If a Tag is removed from one Application, it will also automatically be removed from all the Candidate's Applications as well
Filter by tags
The Tags filter on the People page and Applicant list lets you filter by the tags you and your team have added to candidates. Since tags are entirely custom, you’ll be able to choose from the full list of any tags that were created in your account, including those not currently assigned to any candidates.
On the global People list, you can filter for tags using the Tags filter:
You also can filter the candidates on a specific job by tags using the Filters on the job's People tab: