The General Application option allows candidates to express interest in your company without applying to a specific job.
There are two ways that candidates can be added to the General Application
- Candidates can apply to your General Application by clicking the button at the top of your Career page. To configure the text of the button, edit your Career page.
- When a SmartRecruiters user with an active LinkedIn Recruiter seat contacts a candidate for the first time through InMail, SmartRecruiters adds the candidate to the General Application with a source of LinkedIn Recruiter.
Candidates who apply to General Application will be added to SmartRecruiters as Leads, and will show up in the People list just like candidates who apply to specific jobs.
General Application link
You can also embed the link to the General Application anywhere you'd like.
To find the link to your default Career page:
- Head to Settings / Admin.
- Click Career Site & Job Ad in the Career Page Setup list.
- Click the Useful Links tab.
- Copy the link in the General Application field.
The link looks something like this:
<a href="https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/...ndbox?oga=true" target="_blank">Get in touch</a>
Just replace "Get in touch" with whatever text you like.
To filter for candidates who've applied to the General Application:
- On the People page, find the Applied To filter.
- Select General Application from the list below the filter.
Generally, only Admins and Extended users can see candidates assigned to the General Application. The exceptions to this rule are:
- Standard users who has an active seat in LinkedIn Recruiter that is connected to their SmartRecruiters account. These users can see the profile of a candidate on the General Application if, and only if, they were the first to contact the candidate via InMail.
- Users with a custom system role with access to all jobs.