In SmartRecruiters, candidate management occurs primarily in three places:
- the People list, which gathers candidates into talent pools. Here's where you can sift through the list of candidates and see a high-level summary of their profiles, then dive deeper.
- the Applicant list, which contains all candidates who have applied to a particular job.
- the Candidate Profile, which contains all of their personal and application-specific information, and is the central place for interacting with the candidate, reviewing and rating them, and generally moving them through the hiring process.
- Add candidate by upload
- Add multiple candidates by dragging-and-dropping or uploading a resume, or enter their information by hand.
- Applying as an internal candidate
- Learn how to apply internally, as an employee, to your company's open jobs.
- Candidate profile
- Each candidate in SmartRecruiters has a profile that contains all of their information, and the tools used by the hiring team to review and move the candidate through the hiring process.
- Candidate statuses
- Learn the details of SmartRecruiters' candidate statuses.
- Edit source of application
- Edit the source of a candidate's existing application.
- General Application
- Give candidates the ability to apply, even if they're not interested in a specific job at your company.
- Share notes on candidates with varying levels of privacy.
- People List
- Search and filter candidates from the People list to review, message, rate, reject, or take other actions.
- Rejecting candidates
- Learn how to reject a candidate with or without notifying them via email.
- Add custom tags to single or multiple candidates to help organize, search, and share your candidates.
- Talent Pools
- Talent pools are a great way to group candidates together to help your team filter, search, and managing candidates.
Can I add photos for my candidates?
You can upload photos when adding a candidate manually or using a resume. You won't be able to add a photo after SmartRecruiters creates the candidate's profile, so you can't add a photo for an existing candidate that doesn't already have a photo.
Candidates can also upload a photo when applying.
Can I ask internal applicants to answer screening questions?
The application experience for applying to internal positions is essentially the same as for public jobs, except for two things:
- Internal candidates don't get access to a Candidate Portal for that job.
- The application for an internal job ad will not include any screening questions assigned to the job.
How do I set the language of an application?
To set the candidate-facing language of a job ad, choose it from the Job Ad Language list on the first step of the Job Posting Wizard, under Street Address).
It's a required field, so the default language is English. However, if you choose a different language, that language will be pre-selected on the next job you create.
When posting a job, you can set the language of the ad in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
- Portuguese (Brasil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
If you choose a language that is in both this list and the Candidate Experience list, we'll localize the section headers and buttons on the job ad, but not the text you or your team adds to the ad itself.
If you choose a language that is in this list and not in the Candidate Experience language list, such as Welsh, SmartRecruiters will not localize the job ad. Such languages have been added to support company who use our API to create custom career sites and application processes.
When a candidate views this job ad, parts of the ad and the application will be localized in that language.
The language of the job ad and application form are determined by the language chosen on the job ad, not the language of the candidate's browser.
When do candidates receive the Employee label?
Employees can apply as internal applicants, and receive the Employee label, in four ways:
- When they apply to any job (Public or Internal) through the Internal Mobility portal.
- When they apply to any job (Public or Internal) through the Internal Job Widget.
- When they apply through an Internal job ad.
- When they apply to a Public job ad using their company email address, and the company has Domain Authentication activated.
Anyone who has the URL for an internal job can apply to that job. They'll be marked as an internal applicant and receive the Employee tag even if they aren't actually an employee.