The Source filter lets you filter candidates by the source of their application.
The counter in front of the Source filter displays how many applications are coming from the specified source. Since some candidates may have more than one application from the same source, the number in the filter and in the result list to the right may not be identical.
You can filter at any level of the three-level Source library, including:
- Specific paid or free job boards
- Referrals by a specific employee
- Referrals from a custom source.
Filter by source
There are two ways to filter by a particular source:
- Type the source’s name, sub-type, or type into the filter’s field. For example, to filter for all referrals from a particular employee or job board (e.g., LinkedIn), just enter the name into the field.
- Select the source from the list underneath the field.
Narrow or broaden search
If you select a source by sub-type or name, (the 2nd and 3rd levels of the library’s structure), you’ll notice that its parent(s) show up in the list. Selecting the parent(s) will broaden the filter.
For example, let’s assume someone entered “Jane Fang” to filter for candidates whom she referred:
- Employee Referrals (sub-type) and Referrals (type) are the parent levels.
- Selecting “Employee Referrals” will broaden the filter to include all referrals, not just Jane’s.