Integrating your SmartRecruiters and DocuSign accounts is simple: just provide your DocuSign Administrator account credentials, and anyone in your organization who uses both can manage offers right from the candidate application.
To authenticate and integrate DocuSign with SmartRecruiters, you'll need:
- a SmartRecruit plan in SmartRecruiters.
- a Business, Business Premium or Enterprise subscription with DocuSign.
- an Administrator-level user account in DocuSign.
Also, every user in SmartRecruiters who should be able to extend offers via DocuSign should also have an account in DocuSign with the same email.
We recommend that you set up a separate Administrator user in DocuSign and use this user only for the integration. This DocuSign user does not need to have an account in SmartRecruiters.
Assign Permissions in DocuSign
When you create the user, you'll need to add a pair of permissions. The permissions have different names in DocuSign's New and Classic experience, so look for the name that's appropriate for your version:
- New DocuSign experience
- Allow view and manage envelope rights through API
- Allow send on behalf of other users through AP
- Classic DocuSign experience
- Account-wide Access
- Send On Behalf Of (API)
For more information on assigning permission sets in DocuSign, see DocuSign's New Administrator Guide.
Authenticate in SmartRecruiters
After you've assigned the right permissions to your dedicated Administrator user in DocuSign, you can authenticate the user in SmartRecruiters to connect your DocuSign account:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin
- Click Contract Management in the Administration list.
- Click the DocuSign tab.
- Enter the username and password for the DocuSign Adminstrator account.
- Click Connect.
Once you've authenticated and connected this user account to SmartRecruiters, any user in your SmartRecruiters account who:
- also has a DocuSign account, and
- uses the same email for both accounts
will be able to create and send offers via DocuSign.