To ensure your hiring process is smooth and efficient, SmartRecruiters work with different assessment partners and built integration which allows you and your hiring team to order and view assessment results of candidates in SmartRecruiters.
Before you enable any assessment integration on SmartRecruiters, you'll need:
- a SmartRecruit plan in SmartRecruiters.
- an account or contract with the assessment partner of your choice.
- an Administrator-level user account.
To enable any assessment integration, you need to first navigate to 'Apps & Integration' page. Once you've locate and selected the assessment partner integration you would like to enabled, following the steps below:
- Click 'Connect' to begin the activation process
- Review the scope of data access which the assessment partner will have once the integration is enable.
- Click 'Authorize and Continue' if you agree to provide partner the access to your data.
- A pop-up widget is displayed and you need to enter your partner account information for the assessment partner service to validate you have an active contract / account within their system.
- Review the scope of data access, this time it is for SmartRecruiters to access part of the data you have in your assessment partner service account (This step is optional, some assessment integration may not have this step).
- Authorize the access (This step is optional, some assessment integration may not have this step).
- The integration is now activated and you should see the 'Active' integration status on the top right corner of the page reflecting the change
After you enabled the integration, every user who have permission to order assessment can now order and view assessment results; you can also configure the assessment partner's assessment packages in hiring step.
You have full control on all partner integration in SmartRecruiters. You can turn off assessment partner integration at any time follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Apps & Integration page
- Select the assessment partner integration
- Click DISCONNECT
Once you clicked disconnect, the assessment partner integration is immediately disabled. While new assessment order can no longer be placed, those orders placed before the deactivation will continue to be processed by the partner and will results will be returned and displayed on SmartRecruiters.
You may re-activate the integration at any time.
Map Custom Fields
To help present the most relevant assessment packages to your end users, some partners may need additional information from SmartRecruiters that are configured in your SmartRecruiters custom job and org fields.
- To start the mapping, click the CONFIGURATION button on the bottom left of the integration page.
- Use the drop down to select job and org fields to map against the partner specified field. Depending on your package configuration in the partner's system, you can configure up to 5 job and org fields to the partner specified fields. Please keep in mind only job and org fields with 'Public' status can be selected from the drop down. If you cannot find the custom job and org fields, please double check if the field is 'Public'.
- Click SAVE to complete the mapping
Once the integration is enabled, same as the marketplace integration, there are two ways assessments can be order:
- User manually browse and order assessments via the candidate application screen
- Admin user configure assessments against hiring steps in a hiring process and assessments are ordered automatically when candidate applications reached the step.
Browse and Order Manually
To order assessment manually, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the candidate application which you would like to assess
- On the right hand side, find the Assessment module and select the PREFERRED tab and click BROWSE
- From the pop-up window, you should see a list of assessments available to order.
- Check the box next the assessment you would like to order and CONTINUE
- Double check and confirm your assessments selection one more time and click SEND to place the assessment order
Hiring Process Configuration
To configure assessment against a hiring step, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin page and click Hiring Process under Configuration
- Choose the hiring step that you would like assessment to be order on when candidate applications entered the step, click on the step and then click Assessments
- Select the Preferred tab
- Click CONFIGURE
- Check the box next to the assessment to configure the assessment against the hiring step and click SAVE. You may use the search bar and filters at the top to quickly find the assessment you are looking for.
- Toggle on switch if the assessment is to be automatically order once candidate applications entered the hiring step.
Once an assessment is ordered, an entry will be added onto the assessment module. Each entry represent an assessment package order. In an order users can find the following information about the assessment:
- A colored dot which represents the status of the package. Yellow means the package is Pending or In Progress; Green = Completed and Red = Rejected or Expired. Hover your cursor to see the text which describe the status.
- The title of the assessment package
- A overall score of the assessment package if present
- A result (score) label of the assessment package if present.
- A summary of the assessment package if present
- A paper clip icon which represents the attachment of the package. A package with Completed status can have more than one attachment but must have at least one attachment
Sometimes, a package contains more than one assessments. In such scenario, each assessment within the package can contain the following information:
- A colored dot which represents the status of the assessment. Yellow means the assessment is Pending or In Progress; Green = Completed and Red = Rejected or Expired. Hover your cursor to see the text which describe the status.
- The title of the assessment
- A score of the assessment if present
- A result (score) label of the assessment if present
- A summary of the assessment if present
- A paper clip icon which represents the attachment of the assessment. An assessment with Completed status can have more than one attachment but must have at least one attachment
Compare to Marketplace Assessment Integration
Assessment integration in the Apps & Integration has a few key differences when comparing to marketplace assessment integration:
- Admin have more visibility on the data accessed in assessment integration in Apps & Integration.
- The assessment packages display is more precise and relevant to the end user who is browsing the assessment list.
- Results from assessment integration can be used to filter candidate applications in jobs where results from marketplace assessment integration cannot.