The Apply with LinkedIn integration allows customers with a LinkedIn Recruiter or Job Slots contract to turn on the option for candidates to apply to jobs using their LinkedIn profile. This is an update to the previous integration and aims to provide a better, more seamless experience for candidates applying with their LinkedIn profile.
In the previous version of the integration, Apply with LinkedIn was available and turned on by default for all SmartRecruiters customers. LinkedIn has updated the integration requirements. Only those customers with a paid LinkedIn Recruiter contract or Job Slots contract will be able to enable Apply with LinkedIn for their job ads. Customers who do not have a paid LinkedIn contract will no longer have access to this option for their job ads.
Apply with LinkedIn 2.0
The flow of Applying With LinkedIn will be even more delightful for candidates. After turning on the integration, candidates will see the following when applying to your jobs:
If a candidate is already logged into LinkedIn, as soon as he clicks “Apply with LinkedIn” his profile will be populated. If a candidate is not logged into LinkedIn, as soon as she clicks “Apply with LinkedIn”, a popup will appear asking for her LinkedIn credentials.
After the candidate starts their application, LinkedIn Recruiter seat holders can identify who started applying to a job but did not finish through the “Apply Starters” feature within LinkedIn Recruiter.
Please visit additional documentation provided by LinkedIn Talent Solutions: HERE.
Customers who do not turn on Apply with LinkedIn, or choose to turn off the integration will have the “Apply with LinkedIn profile” option removed from their job ads. The integration is not available for SmartStart customers.
Those who have an existing LinkedIn Recruiter seat or Job Slots contract before March 28th will automatically have the new Apply with LinkedIn option enabled on their jobs. SmartRecruiters will migrate these companies to the new integration.
For new customers who want to set up this integration, Admins will be able to activate the new Apply with LinkedIn feature from the Applications Management page:
- Click on "Apply with LinkedIn 2.0."
- Click on the "Configure this integration" button.
- Click on "Sign in" to login to your LinkedIn account within the modal. If you are logged in already, then you will skip this step.
- If you have multiple contracts, you can select the contract you want to use for the integration. However, the integration only needs to be enabled once per customer. This integration is not impacted by multiple contracts.
- Click "Request" on the next screen. You may be directed to your LinkedIn administrator dashboard to complete the setup.
- Close the modal. When the integration is activated, you will see the following message in SmartRecruiters.