In order to set up the Microsoft Office 365 Calendar integration, you'll need to have:
- an Administrator-level account in SmartRecruiters, and
- a subscription to Microsoft's Azure Management Portal.
There are two steps to integrating your company's Office 365 Calender with SmartRecruiters:
- Register SmartRecruiters as an App in Azure.
- Add the App's credentials to SmartRecruiters.
Register SmartRecruiters in Azure
You'll need to register SmartRecruiters as an App to get two pieces of information:
- Client ID
- Client Secret Key
You may need assistance from your Azure Portal Administrator in order to register a SmartRecruiters app in Azure.
Perform these steps in the Classic portal (manage.windowsazure.com), not the New portal (portal.azure.com). The New portal does not provide a Client ID.
To register the app:
- Log in to https://manage.windowsazure.com with an Administrator account.
- Click Azure Active Directory in the lefthand panel.
- Click Applications.
- Click + Add at the bottom of the page.
- In the popup, click Add an Application my organization is developing.
- Enter a name for the app, e.g.,
SmartRecruiters Calendar Integration.
- Leave the Type as
Web Application and/or Web APIand click the Next arrow.
- Enter https://www.smartrecruiters.com into the Sign-on URL and App ID URI fields, and click the Next arrow.
- Click Configure.
- Copy the Client ID.
- Under Keys, select either
2 yearsfor Select Duration, and click Save to generate the key's value.
- Copy the key's value. You won't be able to retrieve later.
- Under Permissions to other applications, click Add Application.
- In App list, click Microsoft Graph, and then click the Next arrow..
- Hover over the Application Permissions for Microsoft Graph, and select these permissions:
- Read directory data
- Read and write calendars in all mailboxes
- Click Save.
Add credentials to SmartRecruiters
Once you've registered an SmartRecruiters app in Azure and copied down the Application ID, and Secret key, enter them into SmartRecruiters.
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Calendar Integrations int he Configuration list.
- Click the MSFT Office 365 Integration tab.
- Enter the Client ID, Secret Key value, and your full Tenant ID, e.g.,
- Click Save, then Load Resources.
If the setup is successful, you'll see a list of rooms and reservable resources from your calendars. Contact Support to complete the integration.