In order to set up the Microsoft Office 365 Calendar integration, you'll need to have:
- an Administrator-level account in SmartRecruiters,
- a subscription to Microsoft's Azure Management Portal, and
- the user saving the credentials in SmartRecruiters must have an account in the active directory that the integration is being configured for
There are two steps to integrating your company's Office 365 Calendar with SmartRecruiters:
- Register SmartRecruiters as an App in Azure.
- Add the App's credentials to SmartRecruiters.
When you enable a calendar integration, you give SmartRecruiters permissions to read and write ALL calendar data in your organisation. However, SmartRecruiters' integration pulls only a minimal subset of required data. Due to the technical limitations of Microsoft's calendar services, we cannot limit or configure the scope of permissions allowed by the integration.
Register Azure App
You'll need to register SmartRecruiters as an App to get two pieces of information:
- Application ID
- Client Secret Key
You may need assistance from your Azure Portal Administrator in order to register a SmartRecruiters app in Azure.
Create the app
First, you'll need to register the app itself:
- Log in to https://portal.azure.com under and an Administrator account.
- Click Azure Active Directory in the left-hand panel.
- Click App Registrations.
- Click + New Application Registration at the top of the page.
- In the Create pane, enter a name for the app, e.g.,
SmartRecruiters Calendar Integration.
- For Supported account types, choose Accounts in this organizational directory only.
- Enter https://www.smartrecruiters.com into the Redirect URL field.
- Click Register. You'll see a new summary pane with 8 entries:
- Copy the Application ID.
Generate Secret Key
Now, you'll need to generate a security key that's specific to the app:
- Click the Certificates & secrets icon in the app's options pane.
In the Client secrets section click + New client secret, enter a name for the Key description of a new Key.
Select either 1 year or 2 years for the expiration date.
Click Add to generate the key's value.
Copy the key's value. You won't be able to retrieve it later.
Finally, you'll need to give the app permission to read your company's calendar:
- In the options pane, click API permissions.
- In the API permissions section, click +Add a permission.
- In the Select an API pane, choose Microsoft Graph.
- Back in the Request API permission pane, click Application permissions.
In the Select Access section, select these permissions:
Directory.Read.All - Read directory data
Calendars.ReadWrite - Read and write calendars in all mailboxes
Click Add permissions.
- In the Grant consent section, click Grant admin consent for company.
- Click Yes.
Once you've registered an SmartRecruiters app in Azure and copied down the Application ID, and Secret key, enter them into SmartRecruiters.
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Calendar Integrations in the Configuration list.
- Click the MSFT Office 365 Integration tab.
- Enter the Application ID from the Azure app into the Client ID field.
- Enter the key into the Client Secret field.
- Enter your full Tenant ID, e.g.,
SmartRecruiters.onmicrosoft.cominto the Tenant ID field.
- Click Save, then Load Resources.
If the setup is successful, you'll see a list of rooms and reservable resources from your calendars. Contact Support to complete the integration.
Click on the following to see the Technical FAQ for Office 365.