In order to set up the Microsoft Office 365 Calendar integration, you'll need to have:
- an Administrator-level account in SmartRecruiters,
- a subscription to Microsoft's Azure Management Portal, and
- the user saving the credentials in SmartRecruiters must have an account in the active directory that the integration is being configured for
There are two steps to integrating your company's Office 365 Calendar with SmartRecruiters:
- Register SmartRecruiters as an App in Azure.
- Add the App's credentials to SmartRecruiters.
When you enable a calendar integration, you give SmartRecruiters permissions to read and write ALL calendar data in your organisation. However, SmartRecruiters' integration pulls only a minimal subset of required data. Due to the technical limitations of Microsoft's calendar services, we cannot limit or configure the scope of permissions allowed by the integration.
Register Azure App
You'll need to register SmartRecruiters as an App to get two pieces of information:
- Application ID
- Client Secret Key
You may need assistance from your Azure Portal Administrator in order to register a SmartRecruiters app in Azure.
Create the app
First, you'll need to register the app itself:
- Log in to https://portal.azure.com under and an Administrator account.
- Click Azure Active Directory in the left-hand panel.
- Click App Registrations. You may be presented with 2 options for app registrations for Office 365 as Microsoft is updating their app registration feature. Please select the option App Registrations (Legacy).
- Click + New Application Registration at the top of the page.
- In the Create pane, enter a name for the app, e.g.,
SmartRecruiters Calendar Integration.
- For Type, choose
- Enter https://www.smartrecruiters.com into the Sign-on URL field.
- Click Create. You'll see a new summary pane with 6 entries:
- Copy the Application ID.
Generate Secret Key
Now, you'll need to generate a security key that's specific to the app:
- Click the Settings icon in the app's summary pane.
- In the Settings pane, in the API Access list, click Keys.
- In the Passwords section, enter a name for the Key description of a new Key.
- Select either
2 yearsfor the expiration date.
- Click Save to generate the key's value.
- Copy the key's value. You won't be able to retrieve it later.
Finally, you'll need to give the app permission to read your company's calendar:
- In the Settings pane, in the API Access list, click Required permissions.
- In the Required permissions pane, click +Add.
- In the Add API access pane, click Select an API.
- In the Select an API pane, choose Microsoft Graph.
- Click Select.
- Back in the Add API access pane, click Select permissions.
- In the Enable Access pane, select these permissions:
- Read directory data
- Read and write calendars in all mailboxes
- Click Save.
- In the Add API Access pane, click Done.
- In the Required permissions pane, click Grant Permissions.
- Click Yes.
Once you've registered an SmartRecruiters app in Azure and copied down the Application ID, and Secret key, enter them into SmartRecruiters.
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Calendar Integrations in the Configuration list.
- Click the MSFT Office 365 Integration tab.
- Enter the Application ID from the Azure app into the Client ID field.
- Enter the key into the Client Secret field.
- Enter your full Tenant ID, e.g.,
SmartRecruiters.onmicrosoft.cominto the Tenant ID field.
- Click Save, then Load Resources.
If the setup is successful, you'll see a list of rooms and reservable resources from your calendars. Contact Support to complete the integration.