In order to set up the Microsoft Exchange Calendar integration, you'll need to have:
- an Administrator-level account in SmartRecruiters,
- a Microsoft Exchange version 2010 or later, and
You'll also need to create a SmartRecruiters user account (service account) on the Exchange server.
The Exchange integration is flexible in terms of data access permissions. When you enable our Exchange calendar integration, you give the service account created for SmartRecruiters permissions to read and write calendar events in your organization. You can limit the access scope of the service account to specific users if you prefer.
Create service account
Talk to your Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator to have them set up the SmartRecruiters service account, and to determine which Exchange version you're using.
When creating the Exchange service account:
- Give the account the username of your preference, but make sure that the account's domain matches that of your employees' email address. For example, if your company's name is Acme Corp, and employees have an @acmecorp.com domain for their emails, set the service account's email to email@example.com.
- Make sure the account has a Mailbox and Calendar.
If your company has its own Exchange server, make sure to ask your Server Administrator for the server's Service URL.
To expedite the process, reach out to your Account Manager or SmartRecruiters Support.
Add credentials to SmartRecruiters
After you've created the SmartRecruiters service account on your Exchange server, you'll need to add this account's credentials to SmartRecruiters.
- In the Admin / Settings page of SmartRecruiters, click Calendar Integrations under Configurations.
- Enter the service account's email and password.
- If your company has its own Exchange server, enter the Service URL in place of the default URL. Otherwise, leave the default URL.
- Specify which Exchange version you’re using. Available options are:
- Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2010 SP1
- Exchange 2010 SP2.
If you're using Exchange 2013 or later, choose Exchange 2010 SP2 from the list.
- Click Save, then Load Resources.
If the setup is successful, you'll see a list of rooms and reservable resources from your calendars. If so, contact Support to finish the integration.
Use scheduler's name
Normally, with an active Exchange integration, SmartRecruiters will add/edit/delete calendar events using the Account Email address used to set up the integration. When the Use scheduler's name option is activated, SmartRecruiters will use name of the actual user who makes those changes, instead of the name of the account used to set up the integration.
Here’s an example of the option in action:
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the account name used to set up the integration.
- email@example.com, a user in that SmartRecruiters account, schedules an interview.
With Post as Scheduler: