SmartRecruiters wants keeps you informed when things happen, and sends you notifications about candidate-related actions and events on the jobs for which you're a hiring team member. However, we understand that your inbox can get cluttered quickly. To avoid that, you can customize which emails you'd like to receive on the Email Notifications page.
To choose which notifications you'd like to receive:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- In the My Account list, click Email Preferences.
For most types of notifications, you can set preferences for each role that you might have on a hiring team. Just choose which notifications you'd like to receive when you have that role.
For example, if you chose the options above and the role you're assigned for a particular job is:
- hiring manager, you'll receive an email when someone rates a candidate with three or more stars, or existing candidates withdraw their applications.
- coordinator, you'll receive an email when someone rates a candidate with three or more stars.
- recruiter, you'll receive an email for all four events.
- executive, you'll receive an email when someone rates a candidate with three or more stars.
Notifications are grouped into four categories of events.
- Candidate events
- Offer, hire, and digests
- Select New Candidate Applied to receive notification for each new application to a job for which you're a hiring team member. Hiring managers on a job receive a notification in the Notification Bell when new candidates apply or existing candidates withdraw their applications. Other roles receive the notification by email.
- Select New Candidate Reviews to receive notification when one of your colleagues rates a candidate with 3 or more stars.
- Select Upcoming Interviews to receive notification when someone schedules an interview on the job, but doesn't add you as an interviewer.
- Select Candidate Withdrew to receive notification when someone marks a candidate as Withdrawn.
Companies with Corporate or Global editions will have two additional candidate notification events for Defer Candidate:
- Select Candidate Deferred to notify users on a hiring team when someone defers a candidate.
- Select Candidate Ready to Re-engage to notify users on a hiring team when the deferral period is over for a candidate.
Offer, hire, and digest events
- Select New Candidates in Offer Stage to receive notification when someone moves a candidate to the Offer stage. However, this doesn't necessarily mean someone extend an offer.
- Select New Hires to receive notification when someone moves a candidate to Hired status.
- Select New Hiring Team Member to receive notifications when someone adds another hiring team member.
- Select Subscribe to weekly digest email to receive a list of new candidates, current candidates and their stage in the process, and new comments for candidates.
- Select Assessment Results to receive notification (and actual results) when a candidate completes an assessment. Both the person who ordered the assessments and hiring team members with full access to the candidate can subscribe to this email. Interviewers and coordinators cannot.
- Select Assessment Updates to receive notification when the order is accepted, or any other progress updates sent by the assessment vendor, like when a candidate adds a reference in their reference check.
Collaboration notification preferences aren't role-based. Instead, you can just choose to subscribe to them.
Select the last one if you'd like to receive a notification when someone sends an email through SmartRecruiters to a candidate whom you've previously emailed as well.