The SmartRecruiters platform has a number of main sections, each dedicated to a specific purpose in the sourcing, interviewing, and hiring process. Here's an overview of each section.
The screenshots on this page show an Administrator's view of SmartRecruiters in order to demonstrate the entirety of the platform. Depending on your company's plan, and your user type and hiring team role, you may not have access to some of these features.
At the top of every page is the Navigation bar, which provides quick and easy access to the most important parts of SmartRecruiters:
From left to right:
- Click Jobs to view the Jobs list, which lists jobs that you can access. These are jobs that you've created or been assigned as a member of the job's hiring team.
- Click People to view the People page, which lists all the candidates that you can access, on any job. These are candidates on the jobs you're able to access.
- Click Analytics to access analytical dashboards and reports.
- Click Create a job to create and post a new job on SmartRecruiters' network of free and paid job boards.
- Search for candidates by name or keyword from their resume.
- Click the Notification Bell icon to view a list of event notifications.
On the far right is your user profile icon. Click this icon to access account settings (in Settings / Admin), support options, Referrals portal, and more.
The front page of SmartRecruiters is Hireloop, which shows a chronological event feed and an overview of the jobs and candidates you can access. Hireloop's feed includes any updates that are relevant to you, including reviews and ratings, notes, scorecards, newly hired candidates, and more.
Settings / Admin
SmartRecruiters users can manage their account settings from Settings / Admin, which you can reach from the user menu.
Available options on this page depend on the kind of plan your company has, and your user type:
- All users can manage their personal profile and preferences in the User Settings group.
- Administrators also have access to the Company Settings groups.
The Jobs list collects all the jobs that you have permission to view, and includes a high-level summary of the status of each job and candidates on that job.
Each job in SmartRecruiters has its own page, which is the central place managing and editing all of its details, including the job's ads, hiring process, and candidates. It consists of several specialized components, each with a specific purpose within the hiring process.
The People list collects all the candidates that you can access. From this list, you can:
- monitor the status of many candidates;
- filter candidates by location, experience, and other details;
- search for candidates by name, email, and other key terms;
- add new candidates by uploading them one-by-one or in bulk;
- create, update, and run saved searches;
- share, reassign, and comparing multiple candidates in a single action.
Saved Search is available on Corporate and Global plans.
Click People in the main navigation bar to view the global People page, which lists all candidates on all jobs that you have access to. Click a candidate to go straight to their profile.
There's also a local list, the Applicant list, on the People tab of the job page, that lists all candidates associated with that job.
Each candidate in SmartRecruiters has a candidate profile, which holds all of their personal (name, address, resume, etc.) and application-specific information (reviews, notes, etc.) The profile is where hiring team members will spend much of their time, using the various components review, rate, and interact with the candidate.
SmartRecruiters Marketplace collects a wide variety of third-party tools and vendors, and integrates their services directly into different parts of the hiring process. For example, you can purchase and post jobs to paid boards like LinkedIn and Indeed, or automatically send a skills test or background check to the candidate, all without leaving SmartRecruiters.
There's a summary for each vendor and a preview to help you decide if they're right for your hiring needs.
Referrals from employees are one of the best ways to get quality candidates. All users in a SmartRecruiters account can refer friends and colleagues for specific jobs in the Referrals portal, and monitor their referrals from interview to hire.
Sometimes, the right candidate for the job is already working for you! With SmartRecruiters' Internal Mobility add-on module, companies can advertise all of their internal jobs in one place - within SmartRecruiters using the Internal Mobility portal, or on a corporate intranet by creating an Internal Job Widget.
Talk to your Customer Success Manager about adding the Internal Mobility Module to a Corporate or Global plan. The module isn't available on the SmartStart plan.