SmartRecruiters users can select a language in their Locale Preferences to localize nearly all of SmartRecruiters and the Hiring App.
Currently, localization does not extend to:
- user-generated content such as custom job fields, interview types, screening questions, or any values that you or your users add to SmartRecruiters.
- SmartRecruiters’ Marketplace or Partner portals
- Paying for job ads or services in local currencies
Localization for users
As any type of SmartRecruiters user, you can use SmartRecruiters in one of the 8 supported languages and see most of the platform in your language, including: UI, top priority email notifications, standard fields (job, candidate, and Department/Brand/Country), hiring stages, screening questions, mobile apps, etc
SmartRecruiters' user interface is available in 8 languages:
- English (US)
- French (France)
- French (Canada)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Spanish (Latin America)
Note that if your company has teams hiring in multiple languages, you may see a mix of languages for custom content such as custom screening questions and custom emails. This is because SmartRecruiters doesn’t translate your custom content.
- Hireloop (your SmartRecruiters’ home page)
- Jobs list
- Job page
- Candidate profile
- People list
- Settings / Admin and all related pages
- Job Posting Wizard
- Send to Agency
- Referral Portal
- Internal Mobility
- Career Site and Career Site Builder
- First Time User Experience
- Hiring process and stages
- Sign-in & Sign-up pages
Fields and values
- Default job fields
- Default withdrawal/rejection reasons
- Default candidate fields
- Notifications bell
- Default list of candidate sources
- Hiring process and stages
- Default list of screening questions
- Job approval request email
- Offer approved email
- Interview details and reminder emails
- Interview feedback reminder email
- @mention and comment notification emails
- Sourcing Analytics
- Current and Historical Pipeline Analytics
- Hiring Plan Analytics
- Analytics Reports page
- Hiring App for iOS
- Hiring App for Android
SmartRecruiters’ Search works in any of the supported languages. However, it will return only exact matches for non-English search terms, and will not return partial matches.
Localization for candidates
Candidates can apply for a job in 26 languages and have a consistent end-to-end experience in their language including:
- Job Ad
- Job Widget
- Candidate Portal
- Career Site
- In-review, Auto Reply, and other system emails to new candidates
- Default screening and diversity questions
SmartRecruiters will localize the candidate experience, including Career Pages, and the application itself, in 26 languages:
To change your language:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Locale Preference in the My Account list.
- Select a language from the list.
- Click Save Changes.
SmartRecruiters will reload and display all text in your chosen language.