The first step to creating a new job with our SmartStart edition is to create the job's ad. To get started, click Create a Job at the top of SmartRecruiters.
This guide applies to the SmartStart edition. See this guide for creating Jobs on our Corporate and Global editions.
You'll start on the Create step and write the job's ad.
Enter job title
Enter the job's title. If you've previously posted jobs with similar titles, SmartRecruiters will show you a list of those jobs.
Select a job in the Copy a Job section to copy just the contents of that job ad. Or, just press Tab or click outside of the Job Title field if you don't want to copy a previous job.
Enter job location
Start typing the name of a city into the Location field. SmartRecruiters will search Google's Location API for similar results. Choose one.
SmartRecruiters does not currently support national jobs or remote jobs. Choose a location that's close to your office or to the target community for the posting. Also, avoid posting the same job in multiple locations. If you do, job boards may mark your job ads as spam and not publish your job.
In the next few fields, you'll write the actual job ad.
- If this is the first job you've created, enter a Company Description for your company using the rich-text editor. Each time you create a new job, SmartRecruiters will automatically populate this field with the description of the last job that you posted.
- If you've copied a previous ad or job template, SmartRecruiters will fill the Job Description, Qualifications, and Additional Information sections. If not, just enter them here using the rich-text editors.
- If you have any other information to add about the position or company, enter it into the Additional Information field. Just like with the company description, SmartRecruiters will automatically fill in information from the last job you posted.
- If you have recruiting videos you’d like to include on your job ad, add YouTube links into the Add Video field. You can add as many videos as you’d like, but they must be hosted on YouTube.
By default, SmartRecruiters adds your company's language to each new job you create. Companies who've set up multiple brands or post jobs in different languages can select a different brand or language for each job post.
To set the candidate-facing language of a job ad, click the language picker on the first step of the Job Posting Wizard and select a language.
When posting a job, you can set the language of the ad's links and buttons in the following languages:
SmartRecruiters won't translate the text of the ad itself.
When a candidate views this job ad, parts of the ad and the application will be localized in that language.
The language of the job ad and application form are determined by the language chosen on the job ad, not the language of the candidate's browser.
Preview and save
Once you’ve filled out all the information:
- Click Preview to see the job ad as presented to your candidates.
- Click Next to fill out the job's additional details and add a hiring team.