You’re almost there! The final step here before you can publish the job is to add the hiring team and headcount.
Add hiring team
By default, when someone creates a job, SmartRecruiters will add them to the hiring team with a Hiring Manager role.
- Add other members by searching for them by name or email, then select a hiring role.
- You can add more members and change roles after you create the job.
The Headcount section of the Hiring Team page defines the number of open positions on the job, the open/start dates for each position, and some metadata about the position itself.
- Position open date is the day the job should be active: either published to a job board, or with at least one candidate assigned to it. If your administrator has set up approvals, SmartRecruiters will automatically update the position open date to the day that position is actually approved (for jobs that are already live) or when the job is published after the initial approval (for new jobs).
- Target start date is the target date that you'd like the candidate who's eventually hired for this position to start work.
These dates are used by SmartRecruiters to determine the job's Time to Hire and Time to Start metrics, which help to measure how long it takes you to fill each position.
The last two options help track the position within your organization:
- The position type can be either New (entirely new hire) or Replacement (hiring to replace someone who vacated that position).
- If you use a different tracking system for identifying jobs, you can add a custom position ID. Otherwise, SmartRecruiters will assign an ID using our conventions, e.g.: REF29Y.
If you're hiring more than one person for this position, click Add Position to increase the position's headcount and specify a target state/open date for that additional person. Otherwise, if you've already hired someone for the position, you'll be unable to hire more than one person.
If your company has set up an approval chain for this job, you'll also see the Approvers section. As a job creator, you simply need to submit the job for approval. SmartRecruiters will email the job and its details to the approvers, who will review and approve or decline.
Approvals are available on Corporate and Global plans.
There are two types of approvals: parallel and sequential.
In a parallel approval chain, approvers can approve independently of each other, and any order. Depending on how the chain was set up, the job may require approval from every approver, or just one.
In a sequential approval chain, each approver in the sequence must first approve the job before the request is sent to the next approver. All approvers in a sequential chain must approve.
If you'd like to add any comments to the approvers, you can do so here. SmartRecruiters will add this comment to the email that approvers receive.
Click Submit for Approval to send the request and move onto the next step, Advertising the Job.
By default, SmartRecruiters will publish your job's ad to the major (free) job aggregators, including Indeed, SimplyHired, Glassdoor, and more. If, for some reason, you'd prefer not to post your job for free, you can uncheck Also distribute this job to the major aggregators.
List of job aggregators
- Flexjobs (Free listing)
- Glassdoor (Free listing)
- House of Recruitment
- LinkedIn (Limited Listing)
- Monster Controlled Listings
- Way Up
If you're on a Corporate or Global plan, you can also set the job ad's visibility as Public, Internal, or Private:
Internal vs Private ads
If you’d like to create a job ad and:
- Prevent it from being posted publicly, but allow your employees to see it, create an Internal job ad.
- Prevent it from being posted publicly and hide it from anyone who isn’t on the job’s hiring team or an Admin or Extended user, create a Private job ad.
Internal and Private ads differ in the ways that people can access them.
- Internal jobs are posted only to the Internal Mobility page and Internal-only Job Widgets. They can’t be posted to aggregators, job boards, non-Internal job widgets, career pages or Facebook App.
- Private jobs ads can’t be posted anywhere. Administrators, extended users, and members of a job's hiring team can see private ads for that job on the Job Ads tab. Everyone else must have the job ad's unique URL to access it. However, anyone with the URL may access it, even if they’re not part of your organization.
You can recognize Internal and Private ads by their URL:
Shortened URLs for either ad look the same as for Public ads, e.g.:
Internal and Private job ads are available on Corporate and Global plans only.
Publish the job
If the job doesn't require approval, you can publish the job. By publishing a job, you can post it externally to the free job aggregators, paid job boards, or to recruiting agencies in the Marketplace.
Click Publish to publish the job and its ad.
- If you're publishing an Internal or Private job ad, you're all set! SmartRecruiters will take you to the job's details.
- If you're publishing a Public ad, you'll move on to the next step, Advertise.
Before you publish your job, first double-check to ensure everything is correct. Republishing your job multiple times later may cause the job boards to submerge your posting in their results, or blacklist the post (as spam).
Jobs submitted through SmartRecruiters to the free job aggregators usually go live on the aggregators' feeds within 24 to 48 hours.