SmartRecruiters applies the default screening question set to all jobs without an assigned set. The default set also contains a list of default questions. Administrators edit this set by adding custom questions, or removing questions.
Edit default question set
To edit the default set:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Screening Questions in the Configuration list.
- On the Question Sets page, click the Edit icon for the default set.
To add questions to the set:
- Open the Question Set list, or start typing to search for one. This list will contain all the default questions and any custom questions you create.
- Click on a question to add it to the set. Screening and Diversity questions will show up in a separate list at the bottom.
- If you don't see the question you need, click Create New Question to make a new custom screening question.
Questions in each will show up on the candidate profile in the exact sequence shown on the Edit Set page. Reorder them by clicking the Reorder icon and dragging the question up or down the list.
To set the visibility of a specific question or make it a Required question when used in this set, click the Settings icon. Both custom standard and Diversity questions can be required.
- All means that anyone with access to the candidate's profile can see the question and answer.
- Users with full access include Executives, Recruiters, and Hiring managers.
You can set the visibility for only Standard questions. Diversity question are visible only users with full access to the job.
You can also make this a knockout question:
- In the Question Settings modal, select the Knock-out option.
- Mark each unacceptable answer as a Knock-out answer. At least one answer must remain unchecked.
- Click Done to finish.
Learn more about using knockout questions.
Assign default set
To assign the default question set, just click the toggle and activate it. Unlike custom sets, you can't assign the default set to specific jobs, or delete it.
- If you have no other active custom sets, SmartRecruiters will automatically apply the default set to all of your jobs.
- If you have other active custom sets, SmartRecruiters will apply the default set to any job that doesn't have a matching question set.