SmartRecruiters' job approval workflow has three phases: request, approve, and extend the offer.
Offer creators can request approval from the Offer tab of the candidate profile.
- Create the offer as normal, and click Save.
- For sequential and parallel approvals, simply review the approver list, and add an optional comment. SmartRecruiters will include this comment in the approval emails.
- If the approval has no pre-set chain, choose the sequence, and add approvers by searching for them by name:
- For sequential approvals, set the order of approvers by dragging them up and down the list.
- For parallel approvals, choose whether all or at least one should approve.
- Click Send for Approval to save the offer and send the requests.
SmartRecruiters will save the offer, but you will not be able to send it yet. Offers cannot be extended until they're approved.
Approvers will receive the request by email. You can monitor their approvals from the Job Details tab on the job's profile page:
If you need to edit the approval list or position information, click Edit in the Offer details section. In some cases, you may need to resubmit the offer if you edit a candidate field that requires reapproval.
Review and approve
When you're assigned as an offer approver for a job, SmartRecruiters will email you when someone submits an offer for a candidate on that job.
- Review the email, which will contain a summary of the offer's details for your review:The list of fields in the Terms section will be unique for your company, and determined by the various candidate fields added to the job.
- Click Approve to immediately approve the request and go to the candidate profile, or click View Details to go to the offer's details and either approve or decline the request.
If for some reason you need to change your decision, the offer must be resubmitted for approval again.
Extend approved offer
Once all approvers have either approved or declined the request, SmartRecruiters will:
- notify the requestor by email:
- and update the job's details:
When the offer is approved, you can send it: