Org fields are a special type of Job Field that drive the configuration of various features in SmartRecruiters. Briefly:
- Administrators set up different configurations for a feature (e.g., a specific Screening Question set), then assign a specific set of Org Field values to the configuration (e.g., Support and Engineering values for the Department field).
- SmartRecruiters applies the individual configurations to jobs with matching values for the same fields.
SmartRecruiters has three default Org Fields, which are available to Corporate and Global plans:
- Brands, set up on the Brands page.
- Country, chosen for each job when the job is created.
- Departments, set up on the Job Fields page.
Each field has the following attributes:
- Required (Yes/no): Job creators must choose a value for this field when creating a job.
- Visibility: The field and its value are publicly visible to hiring team members, or hidden from them.
- Fields marked Public are exposed in the job posting API, and can be used to configure a career site. They can be seen by all hiring team members except Interviewers, and edited by Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Coordinators and Executives.
- Fields marked Internal are used for internal job categorization. Only user with full access to a job (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Coordinators and Executives) can see them on a job page.
- Values: The list of selectable values for the field, as defined by administrators.