Job Fields help categorize jobs using various information. Administrators can create custom fields and define the available values for each field. Job creators choose values for the fields when creating a job.
Job Fields are useful for:
- Attaching specific information to jobs for reporting, compliance, and analytics purposes.
- Adding parameterized information as a merge field into offer letter templates. Each job field is automatically available as a merge field for offer templates, but not email templates.
Each field can have up to 4000 values. On a Corporate plan, administrators can up to 200 different custom job fields.
Each field has the following attributes:
- Required (Yes/no): Job creators must choose a value for this field when creating a job.
- Visibility: The field and its value are publicly visible to hiring team members, or hidden from them.
- Fields marked Public are exposed in the job posting API, and can be used to configure a career site. They can be seen by all hiring team members, and edited by Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Coordinators and Executives.
- Fields marked Internal are used for internal job categorization. Only user with full access to a job (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Coordinators and Executives) can see them on a job page.
- Values: The list of selectable values for the field, as defined by administrators.