Once created, your Job and Org Fields, their values, and their dependencies are fully editable.
Changing a field value
If you change the name of a field value, the value will update everywhere it occurs in SmartRecruiters.
Adding a new field value
When you add a new value to a child field, that value has no dependencies on the parent field’s value. The new child value will be available for any parent value, unless you set a dependency for the parent value.
Removing a field value
When you remove a value from a child field (or archive it), it will no longer be available for new jobs, but any current job that assigned that value will not be affected.
If you change the dependency of a field or value, the change affects only new jobs.
Deactivating Dependent Fields
Once created, Job and Org fields can't be deleted, but can be deactivated.
- If you deactivate a field with no children, it simply won’t show up when you create a new job.
- If you deactivate a field with children, both it and its children will no longer show up on jobs. However, any parents of that field will still show up. Reactivating the field will also reactivate its children.
To deactivate a Dependent field without deactivating its children, you’ll need to “splice” the tree:
- Remove the dependency between it and its parent. It will become the root of its own tree.
- Remove the dependency between it and its child(ren). Each child will become the root of its own tree.
- Create a dependency between the (now orphaned) child trees and the former parent.