In SmartRecruiters, Job and Org fields are the key to customizing the details of your jobs and configuring the templates, approvals, screening questions, and other tools that are available for individual jobs or groups of jobs.
Each SmartRecruiters account has a library of Job fields. Admins can manage their fields from the Job Fields page in Settings / Admin.
Job Fields help categorize jobs using various information. Administrators can create custom fields and define the available values for each field. Job creators choose values for the fields when creating a job.
Job Fields are useful for:
- Attaching specific information to jobs for reporting, compliance, and analytics purposes.
- Adding parameterized information as a merge field into offer letter templates. Each job field is automatically available as a merge field for offer templates, but not email templates.
Org fields are a special type of Job Field that drive the configuration of various features in SmartRecruiters. Briefly:
- Administrators set up different configurations for a feature (e.g., a specific Screening Question set), then assign a specific set of Org Field values to the configuration (e.g., Support and Engineering values for the Department field).
- SmartRecruiters applies the individual configurations to jobs with matching values for the same fields.
SmartRecruiters has three default Org Fields, which are available to Team and Corporate plans:
- Brands, set up on the Brands page.
- Country, chosen for each job when the job is created.
- Departments, set up on the Job Fields page.
On a Corporate plan, administrators can also add up to 8 custom Org Fields.
- Create custom Job or Org fields
- Create custom Job Fields to categorized jobs or Org fields to configure features for groups of jobs.
- Creating jobs with dependent Job and Org fields
- Learn about the behavior of dependent Job and Org fields on the Details step of the Job Posting Wizard.
- Edit or Deactivate Job and Org Fields
- Make changes to your existing Job and Org fields, their values, and their dependencies.
- Set Job and Org Field Dependencies
- Streamline the job creation process and eliminate errors by setting up dependencies between Job and Org fields.