Withdrawal and Rejection reasons describe why the hiring team chose not to proceed further with a specific candidate application. Hiring team members have the option to assign a reason when marking a candidate's application as rejected or withdrawn. These reasons help hiring teams investigate and analyze where and why they lose or reject candidates.
Default withdrawal reasons
This list of default reasons is shared by all SmartRecruiters companies, and can't be deleted.
- Took another job
- Personal reasons
- Cultural fit
- Lack of recruiter follow-up
- Confusing job description
- Will stay in current company
- Not interested in the first place.
Default Rejection Reasons
This list of default reasons is available to all SmartRecruiters companies, and can't be deleted.
- Did not fit company culture
- Did not meet desired qualifications
- Did not meet minimum qualifications
- Did not meet screening requirements
- Incomplete application
- Ineligible to work in location
- Misrepresented qualifications
- More qualified candidate selected
- No show for interview
Add custom reason
Global customers can also add custom withdrawal or rejections.
To add a new reason:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Rejection/Withdrawal reasons.
- Click the Reasons for Rejection or Reasons for Withdrawal tab as necessary.
- In either list, just type the new reason, and click Add Reason.
Mark candidate as withdrawn
To mark a candidate as withdrawn and choose a withdrawal reason:
- On the candidate's profile, click the More tab, and select Withdrawn.
- Choose a reason from the list of default and custom reasons.
- Confirm the reason to update their profile.