Withdrawal and Rejection reasons describe why the hiring team chose not to proceed further with a specific candidate application. Hiring team members have the option to assign a reason when marking a candidate's application as rejected or withdrawn. These reasons help hiring teams investigate and analyze where and why they lose or reject candidates.
Default withdrawal reasons
This list of default reasons is shared by all SmartRecruiters companies, and can be turned on or off.
- Took another job
- Personal reasons
- Cultural fit
- Lack of recruiter follow-up
- Confusing job description
- Will stay in current company
- Not interested in the first place.
Default rejection reasons
This list of default reasons is available to all SmartRecruiters companies, and and can be turned on or off.
- Did not fit company culture
- Did not meet desired qualifications
- Did not meet minimum qualifications
- Did not meet screening requirements
- Incomplete application
- Ineligible to work in location
- Misrepresented qualifications
- More qualified candidate selected
- No show for interview
Add custom reason
To add a new rejection or withdrawal reason:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Rejection/Withdrawal reasons.
- Click the Reasons for Rejection or Reasons for Withdrawal tab as necessary.
- In either list, just type the new reason, and click Add Reason.
Mark candidate as withdrawn
Hiring team members with the right permissions can also mark the candidate as withdrawn from the candidate's application.
- On the candidate's application, open the Application Actions menu.
- Select Mark as Withdrawn.
- Choose an reason for withdrawal. Reasons are reported in the Applicant Flow and Applications reports.
- Click Confirm to process the withdrawal.
SmartRecruiters will then follow your company's data retention rule (if one is set up) for deleting the candidate's data.
Report on withdrawals
The Applicant Flow report lists all candidates who've withdrawn their applications, and the reason supplied.