Admins can create and edit multiple hiring processes, and use each for a specific group of jobs (e.g., one for each Brand).
Create new process
To create a new, additional hiring process:
- Go to Settings / Admin and click Hiring Process in the Configuration list.
- Click +New Hiring Process.
- Give the process a name.
- Click Add Step above a stage to open a list of available steps for that stage.
- Click a standard to step to add it, or
- Click Add Step in the list create a custom step, and give it a name.
- Continue to fill each stage with steps.
When finished, you'll need to assign the process to jobs.
Assign hiring process to jobs
Instead of assigning a custom hiring process to individual jobs, you'll assign it certain values for your Org fields. When someone at your company creates a job and chooses:
- the same set of Org values that were assigned to a custom hiring process, that process will apply to the job.
- where a set of values doesn't match the set assigned to any custom hiring process, the default process will apply.
To assign the process using org fields, just choose choose one or more values (or All) for each active job field. In the example below, the process will apply to jobs posted for the SmartRecruiters brand that are located in San Francisco in the US.
Keep in mind that only one hiring process can apply to a job, so if you have (or plan to have) multiple hiring processes, you'll need to make sure their assigned Org Field values don't overlap.
Now that the hiring process is configured, click Apply this process to existing jobs matching this configuration to apply the process to existing jobs or leave it unselected to apply the process to only future jobs. Note that this checkbox only applies to the org fields - thus any changes made to the workflow will be applied even if the box is unchecked.
When you're done, click Save.
There are two ways to update the hiring process assigned to a job (or group of jobs):
- Change the job field configuration for a custom hiring process, and choose Apply this process... as described above.
- Change the job fields assigned to a job. SmartRecruiters will automatically assign the correct hiring process, if there exists a process that matches the new job field values.
Note that it's possible for the new and old process to have different steps in each stage (In-review, interview, etc). When a new process is assigned, and there are steps in the old process that are not also present in the new process, hiring teams will be able see an information icon at the top right corner of that step that notifies them that this is a step from a previous hiring step and candidates in this step should be reassigned as necessary to a valid step in the current hiring process.
A maximum of 120 hiring processes can be created.