Our Global Compliance Administration tool helps companies around the world ensure compliance with the candidate data retention laws in each country where they operate. Companies can set up set up separate, independent policies for each county where they post jobs.
Configuration rulesets address two main areas of compliance related to candidates' information:
- Set a data retention period to automate the deletion of personally identifying information for a candidate.
Please note that while SmartRecruiters provides the tools to help you ensure compliance, it’s up to you to make sure that you are actually compliant.
- Automatically deleting candidate data
- Here's a summary of SmartRecruiters' deletion process, and the specific data that will be deleted.
- Configure compliance rules
- Set up a compliance ruleset with privacy and data retention policies for each country where you post jobs.
- Data retention periods
- Learn about country-specific regulations for deleting candidate data.
Can I restore, find, or un-delete a deleted candidate?
No one at your company or SmartRecruiters will be able to recover or identify a deleted candidate’s information. If the candidate applies again to the same job, SmartRecruiters will be unable to recognize them, and have no history of the previous application.
What if I don’t set a retention policy?
If a company does not set a retention policy for a particular country, then anyone with access to the candidate will be able to view the candidate’s information indefinitely.