Candidate fields capture important information about individual candidates and store this information on the candidates' profiles.
You can set up custom candidate fields and choose from different types to capture the information you need for integrations, approvals, and more.
- You can configure the fields to show up on the candidate profile, offer approvals, and/or the new hire form.
- Candidate fields are automatically converted to merge fields, which can be added to offer letter templates.
- Each field can be added to all of your candidates, or only those who apply to a specific group of jobs. You'll define this group using a set of Org field values.
Candidate field types
There are 8 types of candidate fields. Each is named for the kind of value users can select:
- Free text: large free text box.
- Date picker: select a date from a pop-widget.
- Numerical: formatted for numerical values
- Percent: formatted for percentage values
- Currency: choose one of the global currencies that SmartRecruiters supports.
- User Picker: pick from the list of current users in your SmartRecruiters account.
- Yes / No: pick yes or no
- Single select: dropdown list with up to 4000 custom values.
SmartRecruiters comes with a set of standard candidate fields with pre-defined names and field types. You can select one of these, or create your own custom field.
Add new field
To add new candidate field:
- Go to Settings / Admin.
- Click Candidate Fields in the Configuration list.
- Click Add field to review the list of standard candidate fields.
On a Corporate plan, you can choose from the default list of candidate fields. If your company has the Global plan, you can create custom candidate fields.
If you don't see the one you want in the list of default fields:
- Click Create Custom Field.
- Choose one of the eight types from the list, and give it a name.
Once you've picked a standard or custom candidate fields, you can configure its placement, visibility, and approvals:
Where does this field appear?
These options determine where SmartRecruiters should use the field:
If you'd like to use this field as a merge field in an offer letter template, don't select any of these options.
- Candidate Profile: the field will be added to the candidate's profile.
- Offer Approval Form: when someone creates an offer, they can fill out this field. The field and its value will show up in the approval request email.
- New Hire Form: when someone hires a candidate, this field will be added to the New Hire form.
Select this option to require re-approval if the field is edited once an offer is made. For example, if a candidate declines an offer and the hiring manager or recruiter changes the value for this field, they will need to resubmit the offer for approval.
Which users can see it?
Select which users can see see the field and its values:
- Select all to allow anyone with access to the job to see the field and its values.
- Select users with full access to restrict visibility to users with full access to the job, such as a Hiring Manager, Recruiter, Executive on the job's hiring team.
For which org field?
Finally, select whether the field should be added for all or specific candidates.
- Choose All to apply the field to every candidate on every job.
- Choose Only Some to limit the field to only a specific set of jobs.
Select one or more values for each of your company's active Org fields.
SmartRecruiters will add this field to the profiles of Candidates who apply to jobs with matching Org field values.