SmartRecruiters organizes its source library in a three-level hierarchy.
Each source is organized first by type, then by sub-type, and finally source name.
- Types generically classify groups of sources by the way they add candidates to SmartRecruiters, e.g., Paid sources. All sources have a Type.
- Sub-types more specifically classify groups of source, e.g., Job Board, when necessary. Not all Types have sub-types.
- Source names uniquely identify specific sources, e.g., LinkedIn. This name is displayed on the candidate's application. All sources have a name.
For example, the full definition of the LinkedIn source, which is a job board that charges for each job posting, is:
- Type: Paid
- Sub-type: Job Board
- Name: LinkedIn
The default library, which is available on all Editions, includes the following Standard sources.
Organic sources are unpaid job postings, and include the following sub-types:
- Free Job Aggregators. Each job aggregator can be tracked as a separate source by name.
List of Free AggregatorsHere's a full list of the free job aggregators that SmartRecruiters will post your job ads to.
- Direct Employers
- Equality Magazines
- Flexjobs (Free listing)
- Glassdoor (Free listing)
- House of Recruitment
- LinkedIn (Limited Listing)
- Way Up
- Career Page. If you have multiple career pages, they're identified by name, and you can track each as a separate source.
- the SmartRecruiters Job Widget. As with Career Pages, if you have multiple Job Widgets, you can track and name them separately.
- The SmartRecruiters Facebook Career App.
- Social shares from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Each network share has a separate source name:
- LinkedIn Share
- Facebook Share
- Twitter Share
- Candidates with an Internal sub-type applied via an Internal job ad, and have one of the following sources:
- Contract to perm
- Direct Link
- Employee Portal
- Intern to perm
- Internal Career Page
- Internal Transfer
- Candidates who were manually added have a source of Manual Upload.
- Candidates who found a job though Google Jobs Search will have a source of Google Search.
Paid sources come in two sub-types:
- Job Boards like LinkedIn and Glassdoor that charge for each posting.
- Pay per click boards (such as Indeed) that charge by the click, view, or other event.
Each board is a separate source, and can be identified by its name.
Referrals sources come from current employees and managers in SmartRecruiters, the LinkedIn Referral integration, and from social networks.
Referrals sub-types include:
- A candidate added through the My Referrals portal has a source of Employee Referral. Each existing user in SmartRecruiters can be selected by name as a Referrals source in order to track their personal referrals.
- A candidate who applied after referring them using "Refer a friend" button in the job ad has a source of Referrals Portal.
- LinkedIn Referrals are those that were added through the LinkedIn Referrals integration. Please note that LinkedIn sun-setted their LinkedIn Referrals product in 2018. Therefore, the integration was also removed from our platform. However, there may be some remnants of it left from applications that had that source.
- Social Referrals can be used to track candidates who are referred by other people external to SmartRecruiters. These can be tracked to specific people by name.
Agency sources include recruiters and other contracted sourcing agencies, particularly those whose services can be purchased through the Marketplace. Agencies can be tracked separately by name.
All CRM (candidate resource management) have the sub-type Sourcing Tools, and one of the following source names:
- LinkedIn Recruiter
- Job Alert
- Talent Pool
Candidates added directly to SmartRecruiters using the Apply API have an API type, sub-type, and source.
All Other sources have an Other sub-type and a source name.
There are three default source names: