Anyone will full access to a job (e.g., someone with a Hiring manager, Recruiter, Executive or Coordinator role for the job) can create a custom source URL for individual job ads, then embed or share this URL anywhere you'd like. When a candidate who applies to the job using that URL, their application is automatically assigned that source.
Using custom URLs
You can create tracking URLs for both Standard and Custom sources.
Each URL is unique, and associated with a single job ad and source. URLs for the same ad can have different sources, or different ads and the same source. With these URLs, you can:
- share a single job ad and track candidates who apply from multiple places, or
- share multiple jobs and track candidates who apply from the same source.
Once you start to get applications from these tracked ads, you'll be able to analyze the number and quality of candidates who apply from each source using Sourcing Analytics.
To create a tracking URL for a job ad:
- Find the job in SmartRecruiters and click the Job Ad tab.
- Click somewhere in the box for the appropriate job ad. (Don't click Edit job.)
- Click + in the Custom Candidate Sources box.
- Use the Source picker to choose the source Type and name (and sub-type, if necessary).
- Click Create URL to generate the URL.
- Voila! Simply copy this URL to share it.
- Repeat the process as necessary to create additional Source URLs.
Paste the URL in your browser’s address bar to preview the ad. It will look identical no matter which source you’ve selected. Note the tracking ID in the expanded URL:
When a candidate applies through the ad linked by the URL, that tracking ID (the value for the
trid parameter) will identify the source.