Corporate plan customers can expand upon SmartRecruiters' library of Standard candidates sources by adding Custom sources. Custom sources are useful in a variety of situations, including:
- Tracking candidates from a job board that isn't part of the SmartRecruiters Marketplace, especially in the interim after you've requested that SmartRecruiters add it to the Marketplace.
- Tracking candidates who apply at or after a specific event.
As part of the creation process, you'll give a specific name to your Custom sources and classify them alongside the other sources in SmartRecruiters' source library.
Each source is organized first by type, then by sub-type, and finally source name.
- Types generically classify groups of sources by the way they add candidates to SmartRecruiters, e.g., Paid sources. All sources have a Type.
- Sub-types more specifically classify groups of source, e.g., Job Board, when necessary. Not all Types have sub-types.
- Source names uniquely identify specific sources, e.g., LinkedIn. This name is displayed on the candidate's application. All sources have a name.
For example, the full definition of the LinkedIn source, which is a job board that charges for each job posting, is:
- Type: Paid
- Sub-type: Job Board
- Name: LinkedIn
Classification within the three-level hierarchy of the library gives you the ability to report on Custom and Standard sources together. For example, if you add a Custom source for a paid job board that's not in the Marketplace, you'll be able to compare that board:
- Against other paid boards to determine which returns the best candidates or greatest ROI, or
- Together with other paid boards against other types of sources, e.g., free job aggregators or referrals to determine which type of source is the most effective.
Before you begin
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you begin:
- Career Pages and Job Widgets are automatically added to the list of Standard sources. If you have more than one of each, they'll show up as individually identifiable sources.
- You can't create custom Referrals sources, e.g., for referrals from people who aren't in SmartRecruiters, or Custom API sources.
Add custom source
To add a new custom source:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Custom Candidate Sources in the Configuration list.
- Click Create source.
- Add a Source Name. This name will be displayed on the candidate's application, and in your Sourcing Analytics.
Default Sources List
- New Custom sources have an Other Source Type and Other Source Sub-type by default, so change the Source Type (and Sub-type) as desired. For example, to set up a Custom source for:
- a recruiter, choose Agency as the Source Type.
- a paid job board that isn't available through the MarketPlace, select Paid for the Source Type. The Source Sub-type will automatically default to Job boards.
- a recruiting event, leave the Source Type as Other, and just select Event from the Source Sub-type list.
- Click Save.
When you're done, you'll be able to select the new Custom source: