Companies that can manage multiple brands can set up specific configurations, such as a screening question set, email template, hiring process, or other feature, and assign them to one or more Brands using the Brand field.
Like other Org fields, Brands can be part of a dependent field configuration. Admins can also make the field required when someone creates a job.
Configuring Brands field
To configure the field from the Job Fields page:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Job Fields in the Configuration list.
- Click the Edit icon for the Brands field.
- Choose whether the Brand field should be required when someone creates a new job.
- The list of values displayed here is identical to the list on the Brands page. Create a new brand by entering it as a field value. You'll need to configure the brand from the Brands page.
- Click Save.
The Brands field can be a parent (but not a child) of other fields in a dependent field configuration. When a Brand is chosen for a new job’s ad in the Job Posting Wizard, the Details step will automatically load that Brand’s dependencies.
Any feature configuration that can be assigned via Org fields can be assigned to one or more specific Brands, including:
- Access groups
- Email templates
- Auto Replies
- Offer letter templates
- Hiring processes
- Screening Question sets
- Job approvals
- Offer approvals
- Candidate fields
Just select the brand(s) when you choose the Org field values for that configuration. For example, this Screening Question set is configured for the Wintermute, LLC brand:Iif someone chooses this brand when creating a job, SmartRecruiters will apply the Technical Screening Question set on applications for that job.