Normally, Standard users must be assigned to a job's hiring team to access candidates on the job. By setting up an Access Group, Admins can grant Standard users access to specific groups of jobs (and candidates whose applications are attached to those jobs) without adding those users to the jobs’ hiring team. Each Access Group includes jobs which share the same Org Field values.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about User Access Groups:
- Access Groups are available for Standard users only.
- Multiple users can have the same Access Group, but each user can have only one Access Group at a time.
- Since jobs are matched to Access Groups by their shared Org field values, each job can be a member of more than one Access Group.
- Access Groups cannot be used to give Standard users access to candidates associated with the General Application.
- Access Groups must be managed through SmartRecruiters’ UI. Public API access is not yet available.
- When assigned an Access Group, users have Interviewer-level access to the jobs in that Access Group - they can see details, but not edit them.
Create Access Group
To create a new Access group:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Access Groups in the Administration list.
- Click Create Group.
- Give the group a name and description.
- Define the jobs in that group by selecting a set of Org Field values. You can match values for any of your company’s active Org fields, plus the default Brand and Country fields.
Only jobs whose Org Field values exactly match those of a particular Access group are included in that group.
- Any jobs with matching values will be included in the group, so take care when assigning values to jobs to avoid giving users access to the wrong jobs.
- If any of a job’s values differ from an Access group’s values, that job won’t be included in the group, and users who are assigned that group may not be able to see the job or its candidates.
- If you archive an Org field value that’s associated with an Access group, the change won’t affect users who are currently assigned that group. However, any users who are assigned the Access group after the archival may have access to fewer or more jobs.
- When you create a new job and assign its Org field values, if they match those of an existing Access group, users who are assigned that Access group will gain access to the job.
For example, assume an Access group with the following configuration:
- Brand: SmartRecruiters
- Region: All
- Departments: Engineering, Finance
- Country: United States
Now, consider these jobs and their Org field assignments:
Users assigned this Access group will have access to Jobs B and C, but not A.
Assign Access Group
Administrators can assign an Access Group when inviting a new Standard user to join SmartRecruiters, or to an existing user.
To assign a particular Access Group to an existing Standard user:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click User Management in the Administration list.
- Find the user in the list, and click the Edit icon.
- Select the Access group by name.
- Click Save.
To assign an Access Group when creating a new user, just choose it from the list on the Add new user popup:
Changing a user’s Access group assignment will alter which jobs they can access. Users may lose access to some or all of their previously accessible jobs.
For example, assume two Access groups:
- Access Group A includes Jobs 1, 2, and 3.
- Access Group B includes Jobs 3, 4, and 5.
If you change a user’s Access group assignment from Group A to Group B, they’ll lose access to Jobs 1 and 2, but retain access to Job 3, and gain access to Jobs 4 and 5.