Administrators can perform basic user management from the User Management page.
- Access Groups
- Set up Access Groups to grant Standard users access to specific groups of jobs and candidates without adding them to hiring teams.
- Add custom hiring role
- Add a custom hiring role to the default list of hiring team roles.
- Add new user to SmartRecruiters
- Learn how to manually add new users to your SmartRecruiters account.
- Authenticate Company Domain
- Validate your company's domain to automatically add new users who sign up with SmartRecruiters.
- Change a user's name, email, or password
- Quickly change a user's login information or send a password reset request.
What are the different user types?
What are the hiring team roles?
SmartRecruiters has five default roles, which determine (and limit) the candidate information that each team member can see, and the actions that each member can take during the hiring process.
|Type||Access and Permissions|
|Executive||Executive users have full access to the job and candidates who apply to the job, and can perform all job and candidate actions without restriction. However, Basic or Employee users who are assigned Executive roles can't edit the job, purchase assessments, or spend in the store.|
|Hiring Manager||Hiring Managers also have full access to the job and candidates who apply to the job, and can perform all job and candidate actions without restriction. Basic or Employee users who are assigned Hiring Manager roles can't edit the job, purchase assessments, or spend in the store.|
|Recruiter||Recruiters also have full access to the job and candidates who apply to the job, and can perform all job and candidate actions without restriction. Basic or Employee users who are assigned Recruiter roles can't edit the job, purchase assessments, or spend in the store.|
|Coordinator||Coordinators have full access to the jobs they've been assigned to, but have limited access to candidates who apply to that job. They can't advance candidates through the hiring process, extend offers, or reject.|
|Interviewer||An Interviewer has the most limited level of access. They're just able to view candidates' profiles and resumes, and rate and compare candidates.|
What permissions are granted by Access groups?
When assigned an Access Group, Standard users are granted the following access:
- Can access and view jobs in that Access Group.
- Can access and view candidates attached to those jobs.
This limited access is essentially equivalent to a Basic user who is an Interviewer on the hiring team, and allow the Standard user to:
- View the profile information and resume of candidates attached to the job.
- Send messages to candidates and access their message history.
- Review and rate candidates and run comparisons.
- Access the candidates’ notes.
- Reassign candidates and assign tags to their profiles.
Assignment to an Access group does not affect a user’s existing access to jobs for which they’re a member of the Hiring team.