Departments in SmartRecruiters serve a variety of purposes:
- Candidates can filter jobs on your Job Widget, Career Page, or Facebook page by department.
- You can set up specific Career pages for individual departments.
- You can configure screening question sets, email templates and other features for certain departments.
- Administrators and Extended users on your account can use the Analytics tools to track candidates and hiring progress by department.
You'll need to be an Admin to set up departments.
Set up departments
To set up departments:
- Navigate to the Settings / Admin page.
- Click Job Fields in the Configuration list.
- Click the edit icon for the Department field.
- To make the field required in the Job Posting Wizard, select Yes for the Required option.
- Enter a department name into the Field Values input field, and press Enter to immediately save it.
- Continue to add more values as necessary.
Add in bulk
You can also add Department names in bulk by uploading a .csv file. Format this .csv file with a single column and a single value in each row:
To upload the file:
- Click Options.
- Click Add from CSV.
- Find the file on your desktop and upload it.