SmartRecruiters' Job Alerts widget allows you to engage potential candidates even if they don’t see the job they're looking for at your company. Candidates can personalize a Job Alert for key terms in the job's title. When you post a job that matches, SmartRecruiters will send an email to candidates to let them know.
Internal and Public Job Alerts
By default, Job Alerts promote your public jobs. Anyone who applies to a job via the Alerts email they receive will be marked as an external candidate.
You can also create a Job Alerts widget that promotes both internal and public jobs. There's an option during setup that will configure the widget to retrieve internal jobs and send them to candidates who sign up through this widget.
Anyone who signs up for Job Alerts via this widget will receive an email when someone posts an internal or public job. If they apply, through the email, they'll be marked with the Employee tag, as an internal candidate.
Be careful not to add an Internal Job Alerts widget to a publicly accessible site. Anyone who signs up for alerts via that widget and applies to a job from the emails they receive will be marked with the Employee tag, even if they're not one of your employees.
Configure Job Alert
As an Admin user, to create and embed a Job Alert button on your website:
- Navigate to Settings / Admin.
- Click Job Alerts in the Career Page Setup list.
- Click the toggle to activate Job Alerts.
- Choose the language settings for the alert configuration window.
SmartRecruiters will localize the candidate experience, including Career Pages, Candidate Portal, and the application itself, in 37 languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (US)
- French (France)
- French (Canadian)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brasil)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Select one, all, or none of the job fields to help candidates filter jobs by business function, full/part-time, experience level, or location. Each field and its values are identical to the ones on the Details step of the Job Posting Wizard.
- Customize how the button will look on your site. The text isn't editable, but you can change the button's color to match your brand, and remove the SmartRecruiters logo.
- By default, Job Alerts will include only public jobs. If you'd like to create a Job Widget for internal jobs, check the option in Configure Internal Mobility options.
Once someone sets up a Job Alert, SmartRecruiters will send them the first alert email 24 hours later (assuming there's at least one job that matches), at the same time that they set up the alert. We'll look once a day for matching jobs.
So, if a candidates sets one up at 5:35 PM, they'll receive an email at 5:35 PM whenever we find a matching job that day. Since SmartRecruiters looks once a day, if someone posts matching job after we've performed the search, that candidate may not get the email until the next day.