SmartCRM's Lead Capture Forms are an easy, configurable way for companies to help prospects to create a profile and opt into a community. When a prospect submits their information in a lead capture form, their profile is created and added to the specified community with status “Interested”.
Sourcers can create and embed a Lead Capture Form on any external web page, and connect it to a community. Prospects can then opt-in to the particular community by filling out the Form.
Sourcers can create new Lead Capture forms from the Forms tab of a community.
- First, give the form a name, and choose the logo and color/text of the main call to action button. The name is only visible internally, on the Forms tab.
- Next, set the language of the form, and add the publicly visible header and description. The description should help Prospects decide whether they want to join the community. Language setting is used to localize the non-configurable text, such as field names.First/last name and email are required, but there are other optional fields.
- Checking the Ask candidates for consent option will display a statement on the form with links to SmartRecruiters' privacy policies and any company policies, and require that candidates provide consent before submitting the form. This is optional but recommended.
- Drag to rearrange the field order.
- Choose the source for the form. Prospects who opt-in through this form will be added to the community with this source.
Active forms are listed in the Forms list on the community page, with a shareable URL of that form.
Click Share for sharing & embedding options.
Forms can be edited or deleted from this list. However, when a Sourcer edits a form, any already embedded versions of that form will not be updated as well. Snippets for older versions will need to be replaced with new code for the newly edited form.
Sharing & Embedding
Once the form is configured, there are multiple ways to share it.
- Click Copy URL to copy a link to the form.
The view of the Lead Capture form is dependent on the type and number of specific fields added during configuration, but here's a simple example:
Consent collected through a Lead Capture Form is displayed on the prospect's profile in SmartCRM in the same way as consent for job applications.