SmartRecruiters makes it easy to submit a job to an external recruiter so that they can review the job ad, source candidates, and upload them directly to your SmartRecruiters account so that you can manage them as you would for candidates sourced in any other way.
Send the job
To send a job to an agency:
- Find the job in the Jobs list.
- In the dropdown list, click Send to Agency.
Alternatively, if you're already on the job, open the More list and click Send to Agency.
Find the agency in the list, and click Select Agency. Previously used agencies are listed at the top. If you don't see the agency you're looking for, invite them.
Enter any extra instructions to the agency, such as a more in-depth description of the kind of candidate you're looking for, salary range, desired level of seniority, etc.
Click Assign Job. SmartRecruiters will add the job to the agency's list of assignments, and provide them with the full details of the job's default ad, the job's REF number, and its classification:
- Job category (EEO-determined categories such as Administrative Support Workers, Sales Workers, etc.)
- Function (e.g., Education, Engineering, Marketing)
- Experience (e.g., Entry Level, Mid-Senior Level, Executive
- Type of Employment (Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Intern)
- The agency will reach out to you to establish terms of payment, timeline, and next steps. They'll have the opportunity to message you directly in SmartRecuiters, or by email (if you've provided your email ahead of time).
Review submitted candidates
Once assigned a job, agencies can submit candidates by uploading resumes or filling them out by hand. Candidates do not receive notification when their resume is uploaded to SmartRecruiters.
Candidates uploaded by an agency are added directly to your account in New status, and show up in the People list on the job's profile.
As long as the candidate hasn't previously applied, their application's source will reflect the name of the agency.
Each agency is a separate source, so you can track candidates sourced by agencies in Sourcing Analytics.
Agencies will be able to track the progress of candidates they submit from their own Recruiter portal. From their perspective, candidates are have one of three statuses:
|Status in Recruiter Portal||Status in SmartRecruiters|
|Active||New, Interview, In-review, Offered|